Vidyasiri Scholarship 2020: Vidyasiri (KarePass) is a type of scholarship scheme which is provided by the Department of Backward Classes Welfare, Govt of Karnataka. The scholarship is specifically designed for students who are studying in Post Matric courses and belongs to backward classes. The main objective to provide this scholarship is the educational upliftment of backward classes students.
Moreover, here the Govt is trying to make the scholarship distribution system very simple through ePass (Electronic Payment and application system of Scholarships). The ePass Karnataka system connects all welfare departments such as treasury, databases of Secondary Scholarship Leaving Certificate (SSLC), colleges and banks to hassle-free delivery of scholarship to beneficiary students.
So, to apply for this scholarship every candidate require to fulfil some eligibility conditions. Here you will able to check, Important dates, Eligibility criteria, Amount, Application form, Documents required, Status and Contact details. Along with also know how to apply for ePass Karnataka scholarship.
Apply Now: Karnataka CET 2020
Vidyasiri Scholarship 2020
The whole scholarship is divided into three types such as:
- Post-Matric Scholarship which includes FC, FAAS, and NUR.
- Prathibha Puraskar Scholarship for SSLC/Secondary PUC/Degree
- Free Hostel Accommodation/Fee for Post-Matric Courses
Where PMS stands for Post Matric Scholarship, FAAS for Food and Accommodation Scholarship, FC for Fees Concession and NUR for Nursing Stipend.
In fact, all these KarePass scholarships are accessible for the students who are pursuing Post-Matric courses (After 10th) across Karnataka state. Moreover, the various schools and colleges of Karnataka are associated with this scheme.
1. Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS, FAAC, FC, NUR)
The candidates must have to full fill the following conditions to become eligible for full course fees concession.
- Firstly, an applicant should be a permanent resident of the Karnataka State.
- For SC / ST candidates, the income of the parents should be up to 2 lakh per year.
- For backward class/PWD candidates, the income of parents should be up to 1 lakh per year.
- Candidates should be studying in post-matric courses recognized by the Karnataka Government.
- At last, the candidate should have 75% attendance or above.
2. Prathibha Purskar Eligibility
To get D. Devaraja Urs Prathibha Purskar a candidate must have to fulfil these eligibility conditions that are given below.
- Firstly, an applicant should be a permanent resident of Karnataka.
- Candidate belongs to backward class related to Category-1, Category 2A, 3A and 3B.
- The candidate who score 90% or above in SSLC/ Secondary PUC exam held in March/April 2020. OR
General Degree/ Master Degree/ Professional Degree with 70% marks or above.
- Total annual income limit of the family – Category-1 is up to Rs 2.50 lakhs, Category 2A, 3A and 3B are up to Rs 1 Lakh.
- The candidate must study in Karnataka Govt./ Private Schools/Colleges.
- The Pratibha Purskar facility is offered only one-time per student for equivalent courses.
3. Free Hostel Accommodation Eligibility
Karnataka government provides free Hostel accommodation/fee for the meritious students belongs to backward classes/SC/ST’s.
- Firstly, a candidate should belong to Backward Class, Category 1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, SC or STs.
- Then, the annual income of parents doesn’t exceed Rs 2.50 Lakh.
- The student should be at least 5 KM away from the college where the admission is made.
- Last, the free Hostel Accommodation/Fee scheme available for post-matric courses after 10th.
Not Eligible? Check: Inspire Scholarship 2020
Karepass Scholarship Amount
1. PMS FAAS, FC and NUR Scholarship Amount
Accordingly, around 20000 candidates will take advantage of this scholarship every year. The scholarship includes full course fee concession in which the candidate is pursuing. It also includes monthly maintenance allowances such as Food and Accommodation. Whenever the eligible candidate will be shortlisted for scholarship, the amount will be deposited directly in his/her accounts.
2. Pratibha Purskar Amount
|Secondary PUC||500||Rs. 15,000|
|General Degree||250||Rs. 20,000|
|Professional Degree||300||Rs. 25,000|
|Professional Master Degree||200|
The Pratibha Purskar provides Rs. 10,000 to 1000 SSLC students and Rs. 15,000 to 500 Secondary PUC students on merit basis.
3. Free Hostel Accommodation Amount
Moreover, Free Hostel Accommodation/Fee is provided by the Karnataka government to selected candidates on the basis of merit.
Eligible Courses Under for Scholarship
Students who are pursuing the following courses given below can avail this scholarship scheme.
Group A includes the following courses:
i) Degree and Postgraduate level courses such as M.Phil, PhD and Post Doctoral research in Medicine (Allopathic, Indian and other recognized systems of medicines), Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary and Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance/ Administration, Computer Science/ Applications.
ii) Commercial Pilot License (including helicopter pilot and multi-engine rating) courses are also included.
iii) Post Graduate Diploma courses in various branches of management and medicine.
iv) Courses such as C.A/ I.C.W.A/C.S. /I.C.F.A etc.
v) M.Phil., PhD and Postdoctoral Programmers (D.Litt., D.Sc., Etc.)
Group B includes the following courses:
i) graduate courses leading to Degree, Diploma, Certificate in areas like Pharmacy (B. Pharma), Nursing (B Nursing), LLB, BFS, other paramedical branch-es like rehabilitation, diagnostics etc., Mass Communication, Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics, Commercial Art, Financial services (e.g. Banking, Insurance, Taxation etc.) for which entrance qualification is minimum Sr. Secondary 10+2.
ii)Post Graduate courses are not such as MA/M.Sc., /M.com/ M.Ed., /M. covered under Group Pharma., etc.
All other courses under Group A & leading to a graduate degree not covered B eg BA/B. Sc., /B.Com etc.
Similarly, all post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class X). Such as Senior Secondary Certificate (Class XI / XII); both general and vocational stream, ITI courses, 3-year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc.
So, the scholarship is provided for above all courses.
Vidyasiri Scholarship Application Form
It is mandatory for all candidates to apply online through the official website karepass.cgg.gov.in/ of ePass Karnataka. Before applying online, each candidate requires to ensure their eligibility.
How to Apply
Step 1: Select the Type of Scholarship
- Firstly, visit the official website KarePass.cgg.gov.in/ of Vidyasiri/ KarePass Karnataka.
- Therefore, three options will be given on homepage: i) Free Hostel Registration ii) Pratibha Purshkar Registration and iii) Fresh & Renewal Registrations for PMS FAAS, FC and NUR.
Step 2: Fill Application Form
- So, follow the suitable option and visit “Apply Now” on the next page.
- After then, fill your Personal details, Income details, Aadhaar no, SSLC details, etc.
- Especially, a person with a disability has to apply in the PWD category.
Step 3: Final Submission
- Finally, press the “Submit” button for final submission. After that, the system will generate an application number, note down it to check application status.
Note: Candidates who are applying through colleges and institutions have to apply one week before the ending date.
The following documents are required while filling the application form.
- Family income certificate issued by Tahsildar or Sub-Tahsildar.
- SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD certificate issued by Tahsildar or Sub-Tahsildar.
- Senior Secondary leaving certificate (SSLC)
- School or College issued Transfer Certification. (TC)
- Candidate bank passbook copy for Account details.
- 2 Recent photographs of the candidate.
After then, interested and eligible candidate follow these steps to apply Vidyasiri or KarePass scholarship.
Key Dates 2020
|Notification of Fresh Hostel|
Registration Released On
|Last Date to Apply for Hostel||Coming Soon|
|Notification of Prathibha|
Purskar Released On
|Last Date to Apply|
for Prathibha Purskar
|Notification for PMS|
FAAS, FC and NUR Released on
|Last Date to Apply for|
PMS FAAS, FC and NUR
Particularly, the online application form for Vidyasiri is available from the month of June. Whereas, the eligible and interested candidate can apply up to the last date 31 November 2020.
Vidyasiri Scholarship 2019-20 Status
Check your application status by following these simple steps:
- To check the scholarship application status, firstly you have to visit the official website KarePass.cgg.gov.in/.
- Then, follow the link to “Student Services >> Application status”.
- After that, you have to enter your application number, academic year, SSLC details and date of birth.
- Finally, hit “Get Status” and your scholarship application status will be displayed on the screen.
ePass Karnataka Contact Details
Similarly, for any query candidates can contact the Karnataka ePass support team between 10:00 AM to 05:30 PM.
- Hostel Contact No: 8050370006
- Scholarship Contact No: 8050770005
- Prathibha, IAS/KAS Contact No: 8050770004
Karnataka Backward Classes Welfare Department
No. 16/D, 3rd Floor, Devraj Urs Bhavan,
Millers Tank Bed Road, Vasanth Nagar,
Bangalore – 560052
So, here you got full information of Vidyasiri Scholarship 2020. In conclusion, now money will not come between you and your education. The Vidyasiri scholarship will increase the literacy rate especially in the backward classes of Karnataka. At last, the Scholarship will help in to provide better opportunities for employability to its user.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. PMS stands for Post-Matric Scholarship, FAAS for Food and Accommodation Scholarship, FC for Fee Concession and NUR for Nursing Stipend.
Ans. All courses after 10th are called as Post-Matric Courses.
Ans. Karepass stands for Karnataka ePass (Electronic Payment and Application System of Scholarships). The scholarships available on this portal often called as Karepass Scholarships.
Ans. ePass Karnataka stands for Electronic Payment and Application System of Scholarship of Karnataka.
Related Posts for You
- UP Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount, Status & How to Apply
- OASIS Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- Prerana Scholarship Odisha 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- Bihar Scholarship 2020: List, Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- Post Matric Minority Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & Apply