UP Scholarship 2020: The Government of Uttar Pradesh provides financial aid every year to students belonging to General / SC / ST / OBC and Minority communities of the state. The students who are studying within or outside the state in courses Like 9th to 12th, Diploma, UG, PG, PhD, M.Phil can avail this scholarship scheme.
The main objective to provide financial assistance is to uplift the weaker section of society so that they will get in the mainstream of society. The fellowship provides financial support only to those students who are not able to continue their studies due to poverty.
To apply for this scheme every candidate requires to fulfil some eligibility conditions. Here you will able to check Eligibility, Amount, Application Form (How to Apply), Documents required, Renewal Process and Application Status. Along with it, you can also check UP Scholarship Contact/ Helpline details.
Also Check: Inspire Scholarship 2020
UP Scholarship 2020
The following schemes are provided by the govt of Uttar Pradesh to General, SC, ST, OBC and Minority Students.
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for General/ SC/ST/OBC ( Class 9 – 10)
- Pre-Matric Minority Scholarship (Class 1 – 10)
- Post-Matric Scholarship for General/ SC/ST/ OBC (10th Above)
- Post-Matric Minority Scholarship (10th Above)
The students have to fulfil the following eligibility conditions to apply for this fellowship.
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for General/ SC/ ST Students|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for General/ SC/ ST students|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC|
|Pre-Matric Minority Scholarship|
|Post-Matric Minority Scholarship|
Note: There are six notified Minority Communities in India, these are Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, Christians, Jain and Parsis.
UP Scholarship Amount
I) Pre Matric Scheme for General SC/ST/OBC
|Rs 1500 (Day Scholar)|
|Rs 7500 (Hostler)|
|Rs 750 (Day Scholar)|
|Rs 1000 (Hostler)|
The following amount is paid Per Year under the Pre-Matric scheme for General/ SC/ ST OBC.
II) Post Matric Scheme for SC/ST/OBC/ General
|Courses||Amount (Per Month)|
|(i) Degree and Post graduate-level courses in Medicine, Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary & Allied Science, Management, Business Finance/ Administration, Computer Science/ Applications.|
ii) Post Graduate Diploma courses in various branches of management & Medicine.
iii) C.A./ I.C.W.A./ C.S./ I.C.F.A. etc
iv) M.Phil, PhD and Post-Doctoral Programmes (D.Lit., D.Sc. etc.), Group I, Group II And Group III courses.
vi) L.L.B, Integrated L.L.B, L.L.M.
|Rs 12000 (Hostler)|
|Rs 5500 (Day Scholar)|
|Professional courses leading to Degree, Diploma, Certificate in areas like Pharmacy (B Pharma), Nursing (B Nursing), BFS, Other Para-Medical branches like rehabilitation, diagnostics etc., Mass Communication, Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics, Commerical Art, Financial Series (e.g. Banking Insurance, Taxation etc.) for which entrance qualification is minimum Sr. Secondary (10+2) and Vocational stream, ITI courses and Polytechnic where entrance qualification is class XII or above.||Rs 8200 (Hostler)|
|Rs 5300 (Day Scholar)|
|Graduate and Postgraduate courses not covered under Group I & Group II e.g. B.A/ B.Sc/ B.Com etc. M.A/ M.Sc/ M.Com/ M Ed. / M. Pharma etc.||Rs 5700 (Hostler)|
|Rs 3800 (Day Scholar)|
|All Post-Matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class X), e.g. Senior Secondary certificate (Class XI and Class XII), e.g. senior secondary certificate (class XI and XII) both general and vocation stream, ITI courses, 3-year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc.||Rs 3800 (Hostler)|
|Rs 2300 (Day Scholar)|
The following amount is paid Per Year under the Post Matric scheme for SC/ST/OBC.
III) Pre & Post Matric Minority Scheme
The Minority fellowship includes fees such as Admission, Tuition and Maintenance allowances. The courses wise amount of Minority fellowship Per Annual (pa)
|I to V||Rs 1000||–|
|VI to X||Rs 1850||Rs 6850|
|XI & XII||Rs 9300||Rs 10800|
|Rs 12300||Rs 13800|
|UG & PG||Rs 6000||Rs 8700|
|Rs 25000||Rs 30000|
|M. Phil/ PhD||Rs 8500||Rs 15000|
After selection, the fellowship amount automatically credited to the bank account of the candidate by Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT). Moreover, the Maintenance Allowances of the fellowship is credited monthly for an academic year of 10 months.
UP Scholarship Application Form
The Pre & Post Matric schemes for General/ SC/ST/OBC students are implemented through State/UTs Administration. Whereas, Pre & Post Matric minority schemes are implemented through the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
How to Apply
Step 1: Student Registration
- First of all, visit the official website of Uttar Pradesh Scholarship Portal.
- After then, choose your fellowship type on the homepage; Pre & Post Matric (Fresh or Renewal).
- Fill the registration form by entering the required details. Thereupon, the system will generate a User Id & Password.
Step 2: Fill Application Form
- In this step, log in with Provided User Id & Password.
- Fill all your personal details such as Income, Bank Details, Course Details etc.
Step 3: Print Out & Submission
- Print out the filled application form and sign the declaration required by you and parents.
- Submit the application form along with necessary documents to the concerned institution.
- Aadhaar Card/ Enrollment Id
- Uttar-Pradesh Domicile Certificate
- Family Annual Income Certificate (Issued by Appropriate Authority)
- Caste Certificate SC/ST/OBC/
- Minority Certificate, If Any
- Two recent coloured Photograph
- Marksheet of the Previous Examination.
The fellowship has been provided for only one academic year of the courses. After that, the candidate has to renew it.
- To renew your, visit the official website scholarship.up.nic.in/ of Uttar-Pradesh fellowship portal.
- Select your fellowship type from the available option on the homepage Like Pre-Matric Class 9 – 10, Post-Matric 11-12, Post- Matric Other than Inter and Post Matric Outside State.
- After then, select Renewal Login and enter your User Id and Password.
- At last, fill your educational details and submit your application for renewal.
|Activities||Start Date||Last Date|
|Pre-Matric Class 9 – 10||01 July 2020||10 September 2020|
|Post-Matric Inter Class 11 – 12||01 July 2020||10 October 2020|
|Post-Matric Other than Inter||15 July 2020||10 October 2020|
|Post-Matric Out Side State||15 July 2020||10 October 2020|
The online registration process starts every year in the month of July. The eligible and interested students can apply up to the last date month of October.
General Guidelines/ Instructions
Before applying online students are advised to read all instructions/ guidelines.
- It is mandatory for all candidates to applying online through the official website of scholarship.up.nic.in/.
- Students are advised to fill all details carefully such as Name, Income, Bank A/c Number. Incorrect information will lead to application cancellation.
- Never share portal’s User ID and Password with others.
- Certificates such as domicile, income and caste should be issued by the appropriate authority or local government.
- Minority Communities includes Muslims, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, Christan and Parsis.
- Aadhaar card must be linked with the Bank Account of the beneficiary.
- The students belong to other than UP Boards (CBSE, ICSE, Other Board) can submit their mark sheet up to 20 December through institutes to District Welfare Officer.
- The student studying in blacklisted institutes cannot avail this financial Aid.
- The last dates provided in the notification may be extended. So, candidates are required to continuously check latest updates at scholarship.up.nic.in/.
- The fellowship follows the steps; Registration > Form Submission > Verification from Institutes > Scrutiny > Verification from District Welfare Committee >Fund Allotment
Check Your Application Status
To check your application status follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, visit the official website scholarship.up.nic.in/ of Uttar-Pradesh fellowship portal.
- Choose your academic year for which you had been applied.
- Enter your Registration Numer and Date of Birth and hit the Search button.
- Your Application Status will be shown on the next screen.
Helpline/ Contact Details
|Social Justice & Welfare||–|
|Joint Director (PK Tripathi)||9621650064|
|Deputy Director (Sidharth Mishra)||05222288861|
|Joint Director (Raghvender Pratap Singh)||05222286199|
You can contact through the following numbers for any kind of query or help.
UP Scholarship is provided every year after taking admission in any course within or outside the state. The following UP Scholarships stronger the weaker section of the society, so that after attaining better education they will get better employment.
Related Posts for You
- Post Matric Minority Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & Apply
- Pre Matric Minority Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & Apply
- OASIS Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- MOMA Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- Bihar Scholarship 2020: List, Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply