The official notification of UGC NET has been issued by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for June 2020. UGC NET (National Eligibility Test) which is conducted by NTA twice in a year for the distribution of awards of Junior Research Fellowship and make candidates eligible for lectureship in various Universities/Colleges across India.
According to NTA, the next NET examination will be conducted in the month of June 2020. The full details of the UGC NET June 2020 are given below.
Here, you will be able to check, NTA UGC NET Official Notification, Important Dates, Application form Availability, Eligibility Criteria, Pattern, Syllabus and Qualifying Marks for the exam in December 2020.
NTA UGC NET Notification 2020
On behalf of UGC, the National Test Agency (NTA) announces public notice of the National Eligibility Test (NET) from 2nd to 6th June 2020 for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Assistant Professor and Junior Research Scholarship. You can check important exam dates for UGC NET June 2020.
Exam Dates June 2020
|UGC-NET Examination||June 2020|
|Online Registration Starts||16th March to 16th April, 2020|
|Admit Cards Availability||15th May, 2020|
|Date of Examination||15th to 20th June, 2020|
|Result Declaration||5th July, 2020|
The online registration will starts from 16th March and remains open for a month. Admit cards will be available after 15th May, 2020. The whole examination will be conducted between 15th to 20th June, 2020.
Candidates must have to full fill the following eligibility criteria to apply for UGC NET June 2020.
- Candidates who have completed a Master’s degree or equivalent examination from the recognized University / Institute.
- Candidates should have at least 55% marks (General) / 50% marks (SC / ST / OBC Non-creamy / PWD) scores in their master’s degree or equivalent course.
Note: Candidate can apply only to the subject of their post-graduation.
Candidates also Eligible:
- Who are in the final year of post-graduation
- Whose result is still awaited
- Whose qualifying examinations have been delayed
Note: Such candidate admitted provisionally and they have to qualify their post-graduation with minimum qualification marks within two years from the date of the NET result. Otherwise, they shall be treated as disqualified.
Candidate age for Junior Research Fellowship should not be above 30 years. There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
UGC NET Apply Online
Interested and eligible candidate can apply only through the official website of the National Testing Agency (NTA).
How to Apply
To apply for National Eligibility Test June 2020, follow the following steps:
- Step 1: First of all, visit the official website of the National Testing Agency (NTA) www.ntanet.nic.in/.
- Step 2: On the Home Screen bottom, you will find a link of Fill Application Form Button. Visit this link & You will be redirected to the main Application Form.
- Step 3: On the next screen you will get two sections New Candidate Registration and Registered Candidate Sign in. Firstly registered yourself with option 1.
- Step 4: A instruction page will be opened, after reading all the instructions Tick Check and Proceed to Apply Online.
- Step 5: After then, you have to fill all the details which will be asked in the form. The system will generate an Application No. for you (Note down for future reference).
- Step 6: In the next step, upload your latest photograph and sign and pay your application fee through Online/e-Challan mode.
- Step 7: After making the payment your application will be successfully submitted.
By following these simple steps you can apply online for UGC NET exam June 2020.
The UGC NET application form fee structure follows as:
For General, it is Rs. 800 For OBC, it is Rs. 400 and Rs. 200 for SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender.
UGC NET contains two papers commonly known as Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is common for all candidates whereas, Paper 2 is subject-oriented. Paper 2 is totally based on the post-graduation subject opted by the candidate while filling application form. You can check the exam pattern e.g. maximum marks, shift timing etc.
UGC NET Syllabus Paper 1 & 2
As you know, there will be two papers; Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 syllabus is the same for all candidates whereas, Paper 2 syllabus is totally based on the subject opted by the candidates. So, download syllabus for Paper 1 and subject opted by you.
The candidate has to score some minimum qualifying marks to be considered for JRF awards and Assistant Professor post. After that, separate merit lists of shortlisted candidates for JRF awards and Assistant Professor are prepared by National testing agency. You can check category wise UGC NET qualifying marks required.
NTA UGC NET Official Notification 2020
Check official notification released by National Testing Agency.
Now its time to prepare for the UGC NET June 2020. So, prepare yourself according to the syllabus and exam pattern. Follow best study material and books for Paper 1 & Paper 2.
Related Posts for You
- NTA UGC NET Exam Eligibility 2019: Educational Qualification & Age limit
- UGC NET Syllabus Paper 1 2020: Pattern, Question Papers, Books
- UGC NET Exam Pattern June 2020 for Paper 1 & 2: Check
- UGC NET English Syllabus 2020: Question Papers, Cut off, Books
- UGC NET Cut off & Qualifying Marks Dec 2020: Check Now