TNTET Application Form 2020: TNTET is the Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test which is conducted by Tamil Nadu Recruitment Board (TRB) every year. The main purpose of conducting this exam is to make the candidate eligible for the post of teacher in Tamil Nadu schools.
The exam is important for those who want to make a career in Teaching from Class I to VIII in Tamil Nadu state schools. This is also important because you can not apply for any teaching post without qualifying TET. So here you can check, Key dates, Eligibility criteria, Application Form, Exam Pattern, Latest syllabus Important books and How to apply.
Also Check: Central Teacher Eligibility Test 2020
TNTET Application Form 2020
Exam Dates/ Latest News
|The Official Notification Release On||February 2020|
|Online Registration Starts On||March 2020|
|Last date to apply||April 2020|
|Date of Written Examination||June 2020|
|Announcement of Result||August 2020|
The official notification is likely to be issued in February 2020. The TNTET application form will be available in the month of March 2020.
The eligible and interested candidate can apply up to the last date of April 2020. The examination will be held in the Month June 2020 and result will be announced in the month of August 2020.
TNTET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
To apply for this examination every candidate has to fulfil some eligibility conditions. Let’s check eligibility criteria for Tamil Nadu TET.
Paper I (I to V)
- Candidates who have passed the High-secondary (10 +2) or Graduation with at least 50% AND
- Passed or appearing in the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education OR 4-year Bachelor in Education (B.EL.Ed.) OR 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education) OR Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) from a recognized Teacher Training Institute / DIET.
Paper II (VI to VIII)
- Graduation and 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education. OR
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and Bachelor in Education. OR
- 10+2 ( or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.EL.Ed.) or 4-year B.A/B.Sc. Ed or B.A. Ed./ B. Sc. Ed. OR
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and Bachelor in Education (Special Education).
Note: Candidates who are appearing in the final year of the education courses can also apply.
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30 MCQ||30|
|Language I – Tamil||30 MCQ||30|
|Language II – English||30 MCQ||30|
|Paper I Subjects|
|a) Mathematics & Science or|
b) Social Science or
c) Any other Subject
Paper I is divided into 5 sections; i) Child Development and Pedagogy, ii) Language I, iii) Language II, iv) Mathematic and vi) Environmental Studies and Science. Each section contains 30-30 MCQs, where each question carries 1 Marks.
In Paper 2, the first three sections; i) Child Development and Pedagogy, ii) Language I and iii) Language II, contain 30 MCQs each of 30-30 marks. Whereas, the fourth section either iv) Mathematics and Science or Social Science or Subject other than these two, will contain 60 MCQs of 60 Marks.
The maximum questions and marks in both Papers will be 150. And the maximum time of 3 hours will be given to complete the exam.
TNTET Syllabus 2020
|Paper I Syllabus||Paper II Syllabus|
|Child Development & Pedagogy||Child Development & Pedagogy|
|Environmental Studies and Science||Social Science|
As all know, there will be two papers in Tamil Nadu teacher eligibility test. Paper 1 for those who are seeking appointment as a teacher for class I to V. Whereas, Paper 2 for teaching posts in classes VI to VIII. You can download the Paper I and Paper 2 syllabus from the Download link given in the table.
TNTET Important Books
Paper 1 Books
|TET Paper I [English Medium]|
காகித I [Tamil Medium]
|• Written by Dr P Kosalya Lawren|
• Designed According to Paper I Syllabus/ Pattern
• Cover all sections of Paper 1
Paper 2 Books
|Social Science [English Medium]|
சமூக அறிவியல் [Tamil Medium]
|• Designed According to Paper-II Social Science Syllabus/Pattern|
• Contain Theory and objective type Q & A
|Mathematics & Science|
கணிதம் மற்றும் அறிவியல் [Tamil Edition]
|• Designed According to Paper II Mathematics & Science Syllabus/Pattern|
• Contain Theory and objective type Q & A
• Solved previous question papers
TNTET Application Form
The online application form will be available only on the official website trb.tn.nic.in/ of TRB Board. To apply online follow the steps given below:
How to Apply
- First of all, visit the official website of the Tamil Nadu Teacher Recruitment Board www.trb.tn.nic.in.
- On the homepage, follow the link Tamil Nadu TET 2020 and read all the instructions/guidelines.
- You have to apply separately for Paper I and Paper-II.
- After that open the application form and fill out all details that have been asked.
- Finally, after making fees payment the application form will be submitted successfully.
Application Form Fee
For General Category: INR 500
For SC/ST/PWD Category: INR 250
Answer Keys 2019
The answer keys available of Paper I & Paper II held on 08th & 09th June 2019.
Frequently Asked Question
Qn. What are the qualifying marks for Tamil Nadu TET Paper 1 and 2?
Ans. Candidates who have secured 90 marks (60%) and above in the Tamil Nadu TET Paper I or II get qualified the exam. Relaxation up to 5% will be given to the reserved category in minimum qualifying marks.
Qn. Is there any negative marking in this exam?
Ans. No, so attempt all questions.
Qn What is the validity period of TET certificate?
Ans. TET certificate will be valid for 7 (seven) years from the date of result. TET certificate is issued to qualified candidates by TN Teacher Recruitment Board.
Qn. Does the TET certificate ensure a direct appointment on teaching posts?
Ans. No, but it is mandatory for teaching posts in Tamil Nadu Schools. TET qualified candidates have to appear for a separate competitive examination related to recruitment.
Qn. How many times a candidate can appear in TET examination?
Ans. There is no restriction on the number of times appearing in TET examination.
Qn. Can a candidate apply for Paper I and Paper II in a single application?
Ans. No, use separate application for Paper-I and Paper-II.
It is mandatory for all candidate to apply online through the TNTET Application Form available on the official website. Now, its time to prepare for the next Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test.
Related Posts for You
- CG TET Syllabus 2020, Pattern, Passing Marks, Books & Tips
- CTET 2020: Exam Dates, Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern & Syllabus
- CG TET 2020: Notification, Application Form, Dates, Eligibility & More
- CTET Syllabus 2020 for Paper 1/ Paper 2: Qualifying Marks, Books