Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2020: The government of West Bengal provides SVMCM scholarship for meritorious poor students of the state every year. The scholarship scheme was launched in 2016 to help students financially in post-matriculation courses.
The main objective of this scholarship is the educational upliftment of the economically backward families of West Bengal, who are not able to continue their studies due to poverty. So that they can get better opportunities, employment and career. Moreover, the scholarship is provided at different levels of higher studies, at educational institutions based in West Bengal.
Students who want to take advantage of this scholarship, they have to fulfil some eligibility criteria. Here you will able to check, eligibility criteria, amount of scholarship, documents required and also how to apply for Swami Vivekananda scholarship.
Also Check: WBMDFC Scholarship 2020
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2020
SVMCM Key Dates
|Release of Fresh Notification on||September 2020|
|Online Registration Starts on||September 2020|
|Last Date to Apply||November 2020|
The official notification is issued every year in the month of September and is available till the end of November. Students can apply up to the last date November 2020. So, check the eligibility criteria given below before applying online.
- Firstly, the applicant should be a permanent resident of the West Bengal.
- The annual income of the applicant parents/guardians from all sources doesn’t exceed Rs. 2,50,000/.
- The student must be studying in a course such as; XI/ XII/ UG/ PG/ Engineering/ Medical/ Professional/ Technical/ Vocational courses at educational institutions based in West Bengal.
- A student pursuing M. Phil/ PhD courses (Non- (JRF -Lectureship)) from state-aided Institutions are also eligible for this scholarship.
|Higher Secondary||Minimum 75% Marks in Madhyamik Parkisha|
|Undergraduate||Minimum 75% Marks in +2 or equivalent|
|Post Graduate||Minimum 53% Marks in Honours subject in Graduation|
|Post Graduate (Kanyashree)||Minimum 45% Marks in Graduation|
Note: Those applicants who will be given this scholarship, can not take advantage of any other Government (Central/State) scheme for the same purpose. In order that the applicant doesn’t be eligible to get a scholarship.
Not Eligible? Check: Nabanna Scholarship 2020
SVMCM Scholarship Amount
The amount paid per month under this scholarship is given below:
|XI & XII||INR 1000|
|UG (Arts & Commerce)||INR 1000|
|UG (Science & Professional Courses)||INR 1500|
|UG PG (ENGG.) And Professional|
Courses (AICTE Approved)
|UG (Medical Degree)||INR 5000|
|Medical Diploma Courses||INR 1500|
|UG (Polytechnic)||INR 1500|
|PG (Arts & Commerce||INR 2000|
|PG (Science & Professional Courses)||INR 2500|
|Non-NET M.PHil.||INR 5000|
|Non-NET PhD||INR 8000|
The amount of the scholarship is directly credited to the account of the beneficiary by Direct Beneficiary Transfer (DBT).
The application form will available on the official website of the scholarship portal svmcm.wbhed.gov.in/. In fact, it is mandatory for all candidates to apply online through the official website.
How to Apply
- Firstly, visit the official website of the scholarship portal svmcm.wbhed.gov.in/.
- After that, the candidate has to follow the Registration Process. So as to generate an Applicant Id and Password to apply online. (Note down Application Id and Password)
- So, Log in with the Applicant ID and Password, and fill all the rest of the application forms.
- After that, upload your recent Photograph and Signature in JPG/JPEG format (Photograph Size- 20KB-50KB and Signature Size 10KB-20KB.
- After all, upload your all documents that are mention in the application form and Finalize the application form.
- At last, finalizing the application and download Verification Certificate which contains two pages.
- In the last step, you have downloaded two pages of the school verification form. First, is Applicant Copy and second is the HOI (Head of the Institution) Copy.
- Finally, signed and verify it by HOI (cross sign over photograph). The applicant will require to scan the verified Applicant Copy and upload the same in the application portal to complete the application process.
- After all, the application will be submitted successfully.
- Mark sheet of 10th Class (Both Sides Photocopy)
- Mark sheet of the last Examination
- Income certificate of family
- Aadhaar ID/Voter ID/ Ration Card/
- Bank Passbook Scanned Copy (Containing A/C No. and IFSC)
The selection of eligible candidates will be made on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate in qualifying examination, rather than the income of the parents/guardians.
- Firstly, the list of all applications made according to the descending order of the percentage marks of the qualifying examination.
- After then, the total number of scholarships available are selected from the top of the merit list.
- At last, the scholarship will be sanctioned as per the availability of fund and strictly on the basis of the merit list.
Note: The scholarship will be provided for the current academic year. After then the eligible and interested candidate can apply for renewal of scholarship by following the steps given below.
SVMCM Renewal Process
In order to renew the scholarship,
- Step 1: Firstly, the candidate has to pass all the papers of the previous course in one attempt.
- Step 2: After that, applicants have to apply for renewal of scholarship within one month after taking admission in the next year of course.
- Marks Sheet of the last Examination
- Admission Slip
Note: Renewal of the scholarship is available only at a particular level of study required for good academic performance, as at least 60% marks should be obtained from +2 to UG level and 50% marks at PG level.
Cancellation of Scholarship
- If a candidate left out the course for which scholarship has been given.
- A candidate will be found taking advantage of any other central / state scheme for the purpose of same.
- In addition, incorrect statements or documents will be found at any time, may lead to cancellation. Then full paid scholarship amount will be immediately recovered by the concerned authority.
- If any candidate is found to be violating any governing rule of scholarship may also lead to cancellation.
- In any event of suspension from school/ violating, school discipline/ rules & regulation may lead to cancellation.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Contact Details
In order to any technical problem applicant can contact by following:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone No: +1800-102-8014
In addition, registered candidates on the scholarship portal can also log in with Applicant Id and Password and write your query/ problem in a help form.
So, students who are economically backwards and belong to West Bengal can avail Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2020. As a result, the scholarship will provide better education, enhance opportunities and enables students to get a better job.
Related Posts for You:
- Nabanna scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- OASIS Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- WBMDFC Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- Merit Cum Mean Scholarship for Minorities: Eligibility, Amount & Apply