Prerana Scholarship 2020: Prerna is a type of scholarship scheme offered by the Odisha government to the students of the state. The word Prerana stands for “Post Matric Scholarship Registration Release And Network Automation”. The scheme is supervised by the SC & ST Development And Minority & Other Backward Class Welfare Department.
The main objective of this scholarship is an educational uplift of students belonging to SC / ST / OBC / SEBC / EBC, who are financially weak and cannot afford to pay their education fees.
So, it is a great opportunity for the students of Odisha to get financial assistance while pursuing their education.
Here you will able to check: Important dates, eligibility criteria, amount of scholarship, documents required, renewal process, and how to apply for this scholarship.
Also Check: E Medhabruti Scholarship 2020
Prerana Scholarship Odisha 2020
To apply for this scholarship candidate has to fulfil following eligibility conditions:
- An applicant should be a permanent resident of the Odisha.
- Candidate must belong to SC/ ST/ OBC/ SEBC/ EBC (Economically Backward Class) category.
- The candidate should be studying in Post-Matriculation (After 10th) General/Technical or Professional courses in any recognised institutes.
- The annual income of the parents/guardian from all sources doesn’t exceed Rs. 2,50,000 for SC/ST, Rs. 1,50,000 for OBC/SEBC and Rs. 1,00,000 for EBC (Economically Backward Class).
- OBC/SEBC students required to secure 50% marks in the previous examination to apply for this scholarship.
- EBC students can apply only If he/she pursuing his/her higher study in Government institute only.
Note: EBC stands for Economically Backward Class only for General category (Other than SC/ ST/ OBC /SFBC).
Amount of Scholarship
Full Course Fee
In general courses, 100% course fee will be provided by the Odisha Government. In the case of Technical/ Professional (Diploma and Degree) courses amount up to Rs 28500 is provided.
Additionally, the monthly maintenance amount is also given to students according to classified groups.
|SC/ST||INR 1200||INR 550|
|OBC||INR 750||INR 350|
|SC/ST||INR 1000||INR 530|
|OBC||INR 510||INR 335|
|SC/ST||INR 1000||INR 300|
|OBC||INR 400||INR 210|
|SC/ST||INR 1000||INR 230|
|OBC||INR 260||INR 160|
You can check below the classification of the groups.
Group-1: Graduate /Post Graduate level courses in Engg., Medical, Agriculture and Veterinary, CPL course, P.G. Diploma course in Medicine and Management, Courses relating to Accountancy, PhD M.Phil, and Post Doctoral Programme (D.sc., D.Litt, etc), L.L.M
Group-2: Graduate/Post Graduate courses leading to Degree, Diploma, Certification areas like Pharmacy, Nursing, Paramedical, LLB, Mass Communication, Hotel Management, Interior Decoration etc. PG courses-MA/MSc/M.com/M.Ed/M.Pharma etc
Group-3: +3 Courses
Group-4: +2, ITI, 3 years Diploma and 2 years vocational courses.
Key Dates Fresh/ Renewal 2020
|Activities||Inside State||Outside State|
|Opening Date of Online Application for students||04.09.2020||04.09.2020|
|Last Date of Submission Online Application by students||30.11.2020||30.11.2020|
|Last Date to submit duly signed printed hard copies to Institute by Students||30.11.2020||30.11.2020|
|Last Date for scrutiny and forwarding of Online Application by Institutes||15.12.2020||30.12.2020|
|Last date for submission of Hard Copies of the|
Application by the Institutes to the DWO
|Last date for Online sanction of Application by the DWO||31.12.2020||10.01.2020|
The process of filling the application form will start from 4th September. The mode of filling application is completely online.
Application Form: How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship applicant needs to visit the official scholarship portal www.mpsc.mp.nic.in/. After that follow the steps given below.
Student Studying Within Odisha
Step 1: Student Registration
- On the Homepage, register yourself in the “New Registration” option by using your Aadhaar Card and Phone Number.
- After registration, your Login id & Password will be sent to your entered phone number.
Step 2: Login/ Enter Your Details
- Now, Login with User Id & Password and select your scholarship category. Fill your all details prescribed in the application form.
- After that, you have to enter educational details (eg. 10th Marks, Roll No etc.) and bank details (Account No, IFSC Code etc.)
Step 3: Upload Your Photograph/ Documents
- In this step, you have to upload your recent photograph and all prescribed documents.
- List of all required documents is given below.
Step 4: Declaration/ Final Submission
- Check all details are entered correctly and make your final submission of the application.
- Take out the print of online application form and, submit it with all prescribed document to your respective institute.
Students Studying Outside Odisha
- Those applicants studying outside Odisha required to apply online, in the tab “OUTSIDE STATE APPLICATION” in the login page.
- After applying online, print your application form and attach all documents given below.
- Attach all documents given above with your download application form And
- At last, send through concerned institution via post to their concerned District Welfare Officer before the last date.
There are some documents required while filling the scholarship form are given below:
- Aadhaar Card of the Student
- Caste Certificate of the Student
- Income Certificate of the Parent/ Guardian
- Residence Certificate of the Student
- Educational documents of students of Passed Exams
- Student’s Bank Account Number and IFSC Code of the Bank Branch
- Phone Number – During Registration time
- Scanned copy of Passport size photograph of self and all documents given above.
Note: Before applying online, you must have read General Instructions.
General Instructions/ Guidelines
- Aadhaar has been made mandatory to avail the scholarship. Registration on the portal is now based on Aadhaar authentication of the student.
- Don’t share your Application Id and Password with anyone because it contains all your personal and bank details.
- Applicants are advised not to create multiple accounts in the scholarship portal. If you are already registered in the previous year.
- The candidate needs to provide the correct information and fill all the details carefully.
- You have to upload all the required documents prescribed in the application portal.
- If you are renewing your scholarship application for the same course, no Income and/or Caste certificate is required for the same course.
- You will need to provide an active bank account and IFSC code of the bank branch.
- You have to provide Date of Birth as printed in 10th board mark sheet.
- While filling the application form, select the caste category correctly.
- The annual income certificate should be issued by the competent authority.
- You have to provide the correct and working mobile number as a login ID/ Password details will be sent to it.
Renewal of Scholarship
Renewal of scholarship means you are already availing the scholarship for the previous year and want to renew it for the next year. Follow the steps given below to renew the scholarship.
Step 1: Login with Application Id/ Password
- You have to log in with your Application Id/ Password on the www.mpsc.mp.nic.in portal.
- After that, you have to enter your course details such as percentage marks of the previous year.
Step 2: Final Submit
- At last, submit your renewing application and print out it.
- Submit a hard copy of Renewing Application to concerned institute with relevant documents.
Note: For renewal, you are not required to provide your income and caste certificate again for the same course.
Helpline or Contact Details
In case of any problem/query, candidates can contact by:
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Contact with concerned District Welfare Officer.
So, apply for Prerana Scholarship 2020, it will enhance the literacy rate among backward classes. As the literacy rate increases, it will provide better opportunities and employment.
Related Posts for You
- OASIS Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- E Medhabruti Scholarship 2020: Dates, Eligibility, Amount, Selection List
- Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- Nabanna scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- MOMA Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply