PM Scholarship 2020: The scholarship is started by the Ministry of Home Affairs for the wards of Central Armed Police Forces, Assam Rifles & State Police Forces. The PMSS stands for Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme and also popularised as PM Scholarship.
The main objective of this scholarship is to take care of the wards of CAPF’s, AR & State Police forces personnel who deceased or disabled during government services. The scholarship provides financial assistance to pursue higher technical & professional education to depended wards & widows of such personnel.
To avail this scholarship scheme every candidate has to fulfil some eligibility conditions. On this page, you will able to check Eligibility criteria, Key dates, List of courses, Amount, Application Form, Documents required and how to apply for this scholarship.
Also Check: Inspire Scholarship 2020
PM Scholarship 2020
The scheme provides 2000 scholarships for Wards of CAPFs & AR Personel and 500 scholarships for Wards of State Police Force personnel every year. Let’s check the important dates of PM scholarship.
PM Scholarship Key Dates
|Online Student Registration Starts On||November 2020|
|Last Date to Apply Online||December 2020|
|Verification & Confirmation by Institutes||December 2020|
|Verification & Confirmation of Application by|
CAPFs & AR
|01st to 15th January 2020|
|Merit List Preparation||16th to 26th January 2020|
|Processing for sanctioning of scholarship by|
R& W Directorate, MHA from PMO
|16th to 28th February 2020|
|Payment File Generation||16th to 28th February 2020|
|Disbursement of Scholarship Amount||16th to 28th February 2020|
|Dispatch of Personal Letter from Hon’ble|
Prime Minister in Appropriate Language
from WARB/ CAPFs/ AR
|16th to 28th February 2020|
The online registration process starts every year in the month of October and students can apply up to last date 15th December 2020.
|CAPFs & Assam Rifles||Depended Wards/Widow of CAPFs & AR personnel who: Martyred in harness or during election duty Or Disabled during Government service Or Receipt of Gallantry Awards. Retired and serving CAPFs & AR personnel|
|State Police Forces||Dependent ward/ widow of State Police personnel who: Martyred during Terror/ Naxal Attacks|
- The candidate must be pursuing a first professional degree programme. List of all eligible courses is given below.
- The candidate requires at least 60% marks in the minimum required qualification for that professional course. (10+2/ Diploma/ Graduation etc.)
List of Eligible Courses
Order of Preference
Application received from the eligible applicants under new category will be shortlisted on the basis of the order of preference as mentioned below and percentage of marks obtained by them in MEQ:-
i) For CAPFs/AR personnel
|Category A||Wards/ Widows of CAPFS & AR Personnel Killed in Action.|
|Category B||Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel disabled in action.|
|Category C||Wards/ Widows of deceased CAPFs & AR personnel died during Government service or conduct of Election.|
|Category D||Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel disabled during government services.|
|Category E||Wards of Ex- CAPFs & AR personnel in receipt of Gallantry Awards.|
|Category F||Wards of Ex- CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR).|
|Category G||Wards of serving CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR) subject to availability of Scholarship.|
ii) State Police Forces
There will be no rank restriction for the Categories A to E and dependent wards of State Police Personnel who are martyred during Terror/Naxal attacks.
PM Scholarship Amount
|Girl Student||Rs. 36,000/Year|
|Boy Student||Rs. 30,000/Year|
To be paid annually after selection. @ Rs 36000/- to each girl & Rs 30000/- to each boy. The amount of scholarship is directly credited to the bank account of the beneficiary through Direct beneficiary Transfer method.
Duration of Scholarship
Up to five years (depending upon the duration of the course being pursued by the applicant and as approved by the respective regulatory body).
PM Scholarship Application Form
The prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) for CAPFs, AR & State Police personnel is implemented through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
How to Apply
To apply online candidates require to visit the official website scholarships.gov.in/. After then, follow the steps given below.
Step 1: Student Registration
- Firstly, the candidate has to register themselves in the “New Registration” section. Where students have to enter all the basic details.
- After then, the system will send Application Id and Password to provided Phone Number & Email.
Step 2: Login/ Select Scholarship
- Log in with provided Application Id and Password. Students must change the password upon first login. (Don’t share your password)
- After then, the candidate has to choose a scholarship type “Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme” which is listed in the list of scholarships.
Step 3: Upload Documents/ Final Submit
- Thereupon, the applicant has to upload all the necessary documents required for this scholarship.
- After, review your application and make the final submission of your application.
Step 4: Print Application Form
- At last, print the application form and submit it with necessary documents to the concerned institute.
- Aadhaar Card Number/ Enrollment Id
- Mark Sheets of the required qualification.
- Bank Account Details (A/c Number, IFSC Code)
i) For Wards of CAPF’s & Assam Rifles
- PPO/ Discharge Certificate/ (Mandatory for Category A to F)
- Death Certificate (Mandatory for Category A & C)
- Disability Certificate (Mandatory for Category B & D)
- Certificate of Gallantry award (Mandatory for Category E)
- Service Certificate to be issued by the H.O.O Serving Personnel
ii) For Wards of State Police Forces
- Martyred Certificate Issued by State Govt. Indicating killed in Terror/Naxal Violence.
General Instruction/ Guidelines
- It is mandatory for all candidate to apply through the official website of National Scholarship Portal scholarships.gov.in/.
- The candidate requires an Aadhaar number to apply for this scholarship, which should be linked with Back Account.
- Only two children per family can avail this scholarship scheme and should be ensured by the beneficiaries as well as by the respective CAPF & AR.
- Married/ Un-Married both applicants can apply for this scholarship.
- The wards of Assistant Commandant, holding Local Rank of CAPFs & AR (who are not entailing the pay benefits of Assistant Commandant and drawing the Salary of Inspectors) are eligible for granting PMS under category “F” & “G” also.
The scholarship is provided for the entire duration of the course. But, the candidate requires to renew it each and every year. To renew your application follow the steps given below:
- For renewal, it is mandatory to pass each academic year of the professional courses with a minimum of 50% marks.
- After then, visit the official website of National Scholarship Portal scholarships.gov.in/. Where you have to log in with registered User Id & Password.
- After login, you can apply for the Renewal of Scholarship.
Note: A grace period of one year is provided for delay in renewal application submission from the side of students.
Document Required for Renewal
- Service Certificate Issued by H.O.O in case of serving personnel (Only for CAPFs &AR)
- Certificate issued by Education Institution (Admission Slip etc.)
Helpline/ Contact Details
Candidate can contact the Help Desk for resolution of the technical problems.
Email Id: email@example.com
Phone No: 01206619540
Here, you got full information about PM Scholarship 2020. The PM Scholarship is one of the social security & welfare schemes for CAPFs, Assam Rifles and State Police personnel.
Related Posts for You
- Merit Cum Mean Scholarship for Minorities: Eligibility, Amount & Apply
- OASIS Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- MOMA Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- Nabanna scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- Prerana Scholarship Odisha 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply