Nabanna Scholarship 2020: Nabanna is a type of scholarship scheme which is provided by the Government of Bengal to meritorious students of the state. The scholarship is fully funded from the Cheif Minister Relief Fund and Discretionary Fund.
The main objective of this scholarship is to accomplished the financial scarcity of meritorious students for pursuing higher education. To avail, this scholarship scheme candidate has to fulfil some eligibility criteria which has been set up by the government.
On this page, you will able to check: eligibility criteria, important dates, amount of scholarship, How to apply, sanction procedure and Helpline number.
Also Check: Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2020
Nabanna Scholarship 2020
Firstly, to apply for this scholarship scheme an applicant has to fulfil the following eligibility conditions.
- Applicant should be a permanent resident of the West Bengal.
- He/She should be passing out from the State Board/ Council of Secondary Education or State Aided Universities.
- The annual family income of the applicant doesn’t exceed Rs. 60,000.
- The applicant should hold 65% marks in Madhyamik Examination to apply for HS Level or 60% marks in HS Examination to apply at UG level or 55% marks in UG (Honours Subject) to apply at PG level.
- At last, He/She should not be enjoying any other State/ Central Government scholarship scheme for the same purpose.
Nabanna Scholarship Amount
The West Bengal government provides financial assistance to meritorious students by providing full course fees.
The scholarship includes full Admission and Tuition Fee. After verification of eligible candidates, the scholarship amount is directly credited to the account of the beneficiary.
Duration of Scholarship
The scholarship amount is a one-time grant for the academic year of a particular course. For renewal, the candidate will have to reapply for the next year’s course.
Application Form: How to Apply
There is no fixed date to apply for this scholarship. Interested and eligible candidates can apply at any time while pursuing their course.
How to Apply
The process of filling the application form is completely offline. Those who want financial assistance under this scholarship can apply by following these simple steps:
First of all, the candidate has to download an application form, which is available on the official website.
After filling the application form candidate required photocopies of the following documents:
- Previous Examinations Mark Sheets
- Ration Card & Allotment letter of Selection Committee (only for JEE or Equivalent Examination).
- Monthly Family Income Certificate
- Copy of Recommendation from MP/MLA to CM stated monthly income of the student.
- Self Declaration Application Form
- Bank Account Details
- Tuition/Admission Fees Book
- Contact Details with self mobile no.
After collecting the photocopies of all the listed documents above the candidates have to verify all these by a Group-A govt officer.
Finally, send the filled application form along with the attested copies of all documents to the following address:
Address to Sent Application
The Assistant Secretary,
Chief Minister’s Office,
325, Sarat Chatterjee Road
- Firstly, all the applications made by the students to avail this scholarship are processed and scrutinized by CMRF cell of the Chief Minister’s office.
- For enquiry, the applications will be sent to District Magistrate or Commissioner of Police, Kolkata.
- After enquiry, the Chief Minister Relief Fund Cell (CMRF) office distributes the amount of scholarship to eligible candidates.
- The amount of scholarship is directly transferred to the account of the beneficiary applicant.
Helpline Number/ Contact
Helpline Number: (033)2214 1902 or (033)2253 5278
More about Nabanna Scholarship
- The scholarship amount is fully funded through the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund.
- The Chief Minister’s Relief Fund is built through donation/ contribution, which is made by socially committed persons or organizations.
So apply for Nabanna Scholarship 2020 to get financial assistance during pursuing post-matric courses.
Related Posts for You
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount, Apply Now
- PM Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- Merit Cum Mean Scholarship for Minorities: Eligibility, Amount & Apply
- MOMA Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- UP Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount, Status & How to Apply