MOMA Scholarship 2020: The scholarship which is provided by Ministry Of Minority Affairs is named as MOMA Scholarship. It is specially designed for economically weaker and meritorious students belongs to six centrally notified minority communities of India. Whereas Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, Christian, Jain, and Parsis are the six notified minority communities of India.
The students pursuing their studies in recognised Govt or Private Institutes across India can avail this scholarship scheme.
Moreover, the Pre-Matric Scholarship encourages parents/ guardian to send their children to school. Whereas, Post-Matric Scholarship provides better opportunities for higher education. Last, Merit-Cum-Mean scholarship enables students to pursue professional and technical courses which are highly costly.
To avail this scholarship a student has to fulfil some eligibility conditions. Here you will able to check, eligibility criteria, amount, duration, selection procedure, Important dates and also how to apply for this scholarship.
Also Check: Maulana Azad Scholarship 2020
MOMA Scholarship 2020
In effect, the Ministry of Minority Affairs provides the scholarship at three levels.
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for classes I to X.
- Post-Matric Scholarship for courses after X.
- Merit Cum Mean Scholarship for Professionals & Technical Courses.
So, check the important dates and eligibility condition required for these scholarship schemes.
The application form available every year on 15th July and candidate can apply up to the last date 15th November every year.
Moma Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The candidate has to fulfil following eligibility conditions:
- Firstly, an applicant should be a citizen of India.
- Candidate should belong to minority communities such as Buddhist, Christian, Jain, Muslim, Sikh, and Zoroastrian (Parsis).
- The candidate must secure at least 50% marks in the previous examination.
- The student should be regular in attendance as parameters set by board/university.
- After then, the candidate must be a permanent resident of State/UT’s for which He/She is applying irrespective of place of study.
- A student can avail only one scholarship at a time from overall minority scholarships provided by the Central/State government.
- Moreover, the minority scholarship is only provided up to two students of a family.
Qualification & Income limit
Note: The selected candidates cannot take benefits of any other scheme for the same courses of study.
Also Check: Inspire Scholarship 2020
MOMA Scholarship Amount
The scholarship includes fees such as Admission, Tuition and Maintenance allowances. The courses wise amount of scholarship Per Annum (pa) is given below.
|I to V||INR 1000||–|
|VI to X||INR 1850||INR 6850|
|XI & XII||INR 9300||INR 10800|
|INR 12300||INR 13800|
|UG & PG||INR 6000||INR 8700|
|INR 25000||INR 30000|
|M.PHill/ PhD||INR 8500||INR 15000|
After selection, the scholarship amount automatically credited to the bank account of the candidate by Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT). Moreover, the Maintenance Allowances of the scholarship is credited monthly for an academic year of 10 months.
Application Form: How to Apply
Presently, the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is the implementing body of this scholarship on behalf of the Ministry of Minority. So, it is mandatory for all students to apply online from the official website of the NSP www.scholarships.gov.in/.
How to Apply
Step 1: Student Registration
- Firstly, candidates required to Register themselves on the official website of the National Scholarship Portal.
- After registration, the system will generate Application Id and Password that will send to an entered phone number.
Step 2: Login / Enter Your details
- After then, login with the provided Application Id and Password where you have to enter your basic details.
- After then, upload necessary documents such as Income certificate, educational documents etc.
Step 3: Submit Application
- Thereupon, your profile is ready to apply for scholarships available on the National Scholarship portal.
- Finally, hit the “Apply” button corresponding to the available minority scholarships.
Step 4: Print out your Application
- At last, print your application form for future reference.
Note: The registration form is required to be filled by parents/ guardian of students who are below the age of 18 years on the date of registration. Before applying online candidate must ensure their eligibility.
- Marksheets of the previous examinations
- Minority Certificate (Issued by appropriate authority)
- Aadhaar Number or Enrolment Id
- Bank Account Number & IFSC Code.
- Bonafide certificate from Institute/ School, If Institute/ Schools is outside from domicile state of the student.
- Firstly, the selection is made on the basis of the annual income of parents/guardian of the applicant. More the poor more the chances to get a scholarship.
- Moreover, if the same income is found the selection is made on the basis of “Date of Birth” of the applicant. (Senior preferred most)
Duration of Scholarship
The scholarship will be provided for the entire course. But after an academic year candidate has to renew the scholarship for next year.
There are no merit basis criteria for the renewal process. For renewal, the candidate has to fulfil the following conditions.
- Firstly, students have to obtain 50% marks in previous examinations at the same institute in the same course.
- After then, Candidate has to submit income certificate every year to avail scholarship.
Cancellation of Scholarship
- In case, a student found to be violating the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
- Similarly, if student lefts the school or course in between of academic year.
- If a candidate found to be violating school disciple or suspended from the school.
- If the wrong information is provided during applying for the scholarship.
- Under those circumstances, the full paid amount of scholarship will be recovered by the authority.
In the following conditions, the State/UT’s Governments may suspend or cancel the awards of scholarships.
Helpline/ Contact Details
Candidate can contact by the following methods either by Phone or send their enquires to the given Email Id.
Phone No: 01206619540
Email Id: email@example.com
More about Scholarship
- The scholarship is awarded for the welfare of minority under Prime Minister 15 Point Programme that was announced in 2006.
- The scholarship scheme is fully funding by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Govt of India.
- The minority scholarship is divided into three-level such as i) Pre-Matric (I to X) ii) Post-Matric (Higher Education Courses after 10th) and iii) Merit-Cum-Mean for Professional and Technical courses.
- Every year 30 lakh new scholarships will be provided under this scheme.
- 30% of scholarships are reserved especially for girls students. In case of non-availability of girl students, the scholarship will be provided to other students.
- Moreover, the number of scholarship for particular State/UT will be distributed on the basis of population of minorities according to the latest Census.
- If the number of scholarship remain vacant for a particular State/UT then will be distributed in other States/UTs.
- Last, the minority communities under the Minority Act, 1992 are Muslim, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain and Parsis.
So, here you got full information about MOMA Scholarship 2020 which is provided by the Ministry of Minority Affairs. In conclusion, the scholarship will increase the educational rate among minorities and provide them with better opportunities for employability.