The Merit-Cum-Mean Scholarship 2020 is now available for minority students who are pursuing Professional and Technical courses. The scholarship is provided by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Govt of India. There are six notified minorities communities that are Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain and Parsis.
The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses.
Here you will able to check eligibility criteria, amount, application form availability and how to apply for this scholarship.
Also Check: Maulana Azad Scholarship 2020
Merit Cum Mean Scholarship for Minorities
|Merit-Cum-Mean Scholarship Online Registration Starts||15-07-2020|
|Last Date to Apply||30-10-2020|
The scholarship scheme will be available every year on 15 July and candidates can apply up to 30 October.
- Candidate should belong to the six notified minority communities such as Muslims, Sikh, Christians, Buddhists, Jain and Parsis
- The candidate should be studying in Professional or Technical Courses recognised by the Central/State government.
- The annual income of their parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2.50 lakh.
- The candidate should have to secure 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous examination.
- The students must have regular in attendance were at least limit set by the competent authority of the school.
- The scholarship is applicable to a maximum of two students from a family at a time from all minorities scholarships.
Not Eligible? Check: MOMA Scholarship 2020
Amount Under Merit Cum Mean Scholarship
|Admission and Tuition Fee||Rs. 20,000/pa|
|Maintenance Allowance||Rs. 500/pm for Day Scholar|
|Rs. 1000/pm for Hosteler|
|Scholarship for Listed Institutes||Full Course Fee for 85 listed Institutes|
The full course fee for 80 listed institutes will be reimbursed. The scholarship amount contains Admission fee, Tuition fee and Maintenance allowance which is provided Per Annum (pa) and Per Month (pm).
The scholarship form will available only the official website of “National Scholarship Portal” every year. It is mandatory for all students to apply online on the website i.e. www.scholarshipos.gov.in.
How to Apply for this Scholarship
- Firstly the candidate has to visit the official website www.scholarshipos.gov.in of “National Scholarship Portal“.
- After then, the candidate has to register yourself to apply for this scholarship( How to register).
- After registration, you will be provided with “Application Id” & Password that is required for login.
- Now login and apply for the available scholarship on National Scholarship Portal.
By following these simple steps you can apply for a pre-matric minority scholarship.
- Educational document
- Minority Certificate
- Bank Account Copy (Number, IFSC Code)
- Aadhaar Number/Bonafide Student Certificate from Institute/School
- Aadhaar Enrolment ID or Scanned Copy of Bank Passbook
- Non-domicile state of applicant requires bonafide student certificate from Institute/School.
Duration & Renewal of Scholarship
The scholarship is provided for the entire course, but the candidate has to renew it in every academic year by scoring 50% marks in the previous year. For renewal provided the students pursues the same course and same Institute/School).
Candidate can contact the Help Desk for resolution of the technical problems.
Help Desk No. 0120 – 6619540
Related Posts for You
- Pre Matric Minority Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & Apply
- Post Matric Minority Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & Apply
- MOMA Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- WBMDFC Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply