The Karnataka Fresh Hostel Registration for post-matric students belong to Backward Class/SC/ ST has been started. The Department of Backward Classes of Karnataka every year provides free hostel accommodation/fee for students belongs to reserved categories.
The main purpose of providing free hostel accommodation/fee is the educational upliftment of the reserved categories. So, the eligible and interested candidates can apply through the official website of the Department of Backward Classes Welfare, Karnataka.
Also Check: Vidyasiri Scholarship 2019-20
Fresh Hostel Registration 2019-20
|Fresh Hostel Registration Released On||12/06/2019|
|Last Date to Apply Online||12/07/2019|
|Last Date to send attested copies to concerned district Taluk office||17/07/2019|
The notification of hostel registration was issued on 12/06/2016 and the last date for online registration is 12/07/2019. But, before registering themselves, must ensure the eligibility criteria of this scheme.
Candidate must have to fulfil the eligibility criteria given below.
- Candidates should belong to Backward Class, Category I, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes.
- The annual income limit of the parents of the students should be Rs. 2.50 lakh.
- The student should be at least 5 km away from the college where the admission is made.
Documents Required Mandatory
- Caste Certificate (From Tahsildar/ Sub-Tahsildar)
- Family Income Certificate (From Tahsildar/ Sub-Tahsildar)
- Transfer Certificate Issued by School/College
- Aadhhar card or EID
- 10th Mark Sheet /SSLC No and Roll No
- Bank Passbook First Page
- A person with Disability Certificate, If;
- Student Photo
- Residence Certificate from Gram Panchayat/Local Bodies.
Hostel Application Form: How to Apply
To apply for the hostel for the academic year 2019-20 the candidates have to follow the following steps.
- First of all, visit the official website of Department of Backward Classes Welfare.
- On the homepage, visit the fresh hostel registration option.
- On the next page, you have to read all the instruction given to apply online for the hostel.
- After that, tik the check button as “I have check all the instruction carefully” and hit apply online.
- After then you have to enter your personal details, after filling all the required data finally submit the application form.
Important Note: The candidate has sent all uploaded enrollment/documents copies, self-attested as well as attested by concerned college/school principal to district Taluk Backward Classes Welfare Officer before 17/07/2019. If the documents are not submitted within the prescribed date, the application will be rejected.
The selection of candidates for the hostel will be made on the basis of given points.
The selection process is done by the committee formed by the concerned district Taluk/Office.
- Candidates will be selected on the bases of marks and seats available.
- The first priority will be given to local district students.
- If students points will be equal the priority is given on the basis of Home/Residence distance.
In case of technical problems, when submitting online application candidates can contact by email at email@example.com. The online application form only available on www.backwardclasses.kar.nic.in for 2019-20.