Karnataka CET 2020: Karnataka Examination Authority conducts Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission in courses such as Engineering, Agriculture & Pharmacy etc. Karnataka Common Entrance Test is also known as Karnataka CET, KCET or KEA CET.In particular, students who are studying or passed 12th class required to enrol in this exam for admission in such following courses.
Moreover, there are certain government and private colleges in Karnataka that only accept admission through Common Entrance Test (CET).
|Name of Examination||Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2020|
|Conducted by||Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)|
|Purpose||Admission to 17 Courses|
|Last Date to Apply||28 February 2020|
|Date of Examination||22, 23 April 2020|
|Mode of Examination||Pen/Paper Mode|
So, to apply for this ‘Common Entrance Test’ of Karnataka, every candidate requires to fulfil some eligibility conditions.
Then so, here you will able to check, eligibility criteria, exam dates, pattern, syllabus, application form, admit card and helpline/ contact details. Besides, you will also get frequently asked question answer related to Karnataka CET 2020.
Also Check: Vidyasiri Scholarship 2020
Karnataka CET 2020
List of KCET Courses
The admission to the following courses is offered after qualifying Common Entrance Test of Karnataka.
- B.E. / B.Tech
- B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture
- B.Sc. (Hons) Sericulture
- B.Sc (Hons) Horticulture
- B.Sc (Hons) Forestry,
- B. Tech. Bio-Technology
- B.Sc. Community Science (Hons)
- B.Tech (Agri. Engg)
- B.V.Sc. & A.H.
- B.Tech (Food Tech.)
- B.Tech (Dairy Tech.)
- B.F.Sc (Fisheries)
- B.Tech (Food Science & Tech.).
- B.Sc. (Hons) Agri. Marketing & Co-Op
- B. Pharma
- 2nd Year B. Pharmacy
- D Pharmacy
Karnataka CET 2020 Exam Date
|Registration for CET-2020 Starts on||February 1, 2020|
|Last Date to fill Application Form||February 28, 2020|
|Last date to pay the application fees||March 6, 2020|
|Change/modify the Application form||March 19 to 25, 2020|
|The download of Admit Card||April 23, 2020|
|Examination held on||April 22- 23, 2020|
|Result Announced On||May 25, 2020|
|Verification of Documents for Agriculturist quota at the respective Practical Test Centres||May 13 to 15, 2020|
|Date of Practical Examination for UG course applicants for Agriculture / Horticulture / Veterinary Universities||May 18, 2020|
|Counselling date||June 6, 2020|
Particularly, the online registration for KCET will start from 1 February 2020. Eligible and interested candidates can apply up to the last date 28th February 2020.
KCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for this entrance examination, every candidate must have to fulfil certain eligibility conditions.
|Engineering/ Technology Courses (B.E./ B.Tech)||i) Passed 2nd PUC/ 12th or equivalent with English as one of Language.|
ii) Required at least 45% (40% for reserved) aggregate marks in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biology/ Bio-Tech/ Electronics/ Computer./
|Farm Science Courses||i) Passed 2nd PUC/ 12th or Equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology as Optional.|
|Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc & A.H.)||i) Passed 2nd PUC/ 12th with at least 50% Aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects.|
|Bachelor in Pharmacy||i) Passed in 2nd PUC/ 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.|
ii) Required at least 45% Aggregate Marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects.
iii) Passed Diploma in Pharmacy with at least 45% marks (40% for Reserved) from an institution approved by the Pharmacy council of India.
|2nd Year Bachelor in Pharmacy||i) Passed Diploma in Pharmacy Examination with at least 45% Marks (40% for Reserved) from the approved institution by Pharmacy council of India.|
|D Pharmacy||i) Passed 2nd PUC/ 12th Std with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.|
ii) Passed Diploma in Pharmacy Examination from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India.
KCET 2020 Application Form
Particularly, the KCET application form will be available only on the official website of KEA. Before applying online, candidates should ensure their eligibility.
How to Apply
- Firstly, Candidates have to visit the official website cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/.
- After then, Visit ‘Admission > UGCET-2020’ options available on the homepage.
- Then, find a link to ‘UGCET-2020 Online Application link’ and register yourself.
- Thus, Log in with User Id & Password.
- Thereupon, you have to fill an application form by entering all your basic and educational details.
- At last, make payment of fee and finally submit your application form.
The following documents are required to apply for this entrance.
- SSLC / 10th standard Marksheet.
- 2nd PUC / 12th standard Marksheet.
- Candidate Study Certificate.
- Rural Study Certificate, If any
- Kannada Medium Study Certificate, If any
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Other Documents (To claim particular eligibility)
|GM, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B of Karnataka||Rs 500|
|SC, ST, CAT-1 of Karnataka||Rs 250|
|All Females of Karnataka||Rs 250|
|Outside Karnataka||Rs 750|
|Outside India||Rs 5000|
|Practical Test||Rs 500 (Rs 250 for SC, ST and Category-I)|
Moreover, the practical test fee amount shall be paid in the form of Demand Draft in the favour of respective Practical Test Centre.
KCET 2020 Admit Card
The admit card will be available before one week of the examination date. Thereby, you can download admit card/ Hall tickets by following these steps.
- Firstly, visit the official website http:/kea.kar.nic.in/.
- After then, go in the “Admission” section and find a link to Download Amit Card.
- Then, enter your ‘Application No’ and ‘Date of Birth’ as per SSLC/10th Mark list.
- At last, submit details and you will be able to download your admit card or hall ticket
|Biology||10.30 am – 11.50 am||22-04-2020|
|Mathematics||02.30 am – 03.50 pm|
|Physics||10.30 am – 11.50 am||23-04-2020|
|Chemistry||02.30 am – 03.50 pm|
|Kannada language Test||11:30 am – 12:30 pm||24-04-2020|
KCET Exam Pattern
|Paper||No of Questions||Duration|
|Kannada Language Test|
- The examination contains papers such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology.
- Then, each paper contains 60 Multiple choice questions of 60 Marks.
- Then, the mode of examination is Pen-Paper Mode.
- After all, there is no negative marking in this exam
Kannada Language Test
- Kannada Language Test is especially for Horanadu, Gadiandu and Kannadiga candidates, who are claiming eligibility under mother tongue is Kannada, Tulu or Kodava.
- The test contains parameters such as speak, read and write the Kannada language.
- Last, the minimum passing marks required in Kannada Language test are 12 out of 50 Marks.
- However, Practical Test is conducted to identify the suitable candidates that are claiming seat under Agriculturist quota.
- Then, the minimum marks required in Practical examination are 100 out of 200 marks.
- In particular, Agriculturist Quota Merit list will be prepared with 25% in 2nd PUC (PCMB), 25% CET & 50% Marks of Practical Test.
- Similarly, B.V.Sc & AH merit will be prepared based on 50% Marks of CET (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) and 50% scored in the Practical Test.
KCET 2020 Syllabus
|Mathematics||Sets, Function, Trigonometric Function, Linear Inequalities, Permutation & Combination, Limits & Derivatives, Statistics, Matrics, Continuity and Differentiability, Derivatives and Integrals, Vector Algebra, Probability etc.|
|Biology||The Living World, Biological Classifications, Plant & Animal Kingdom, Cell, Mineral Nutrition, Digestion and absorption, Locomotion and Movement, Reproduction in Organisms Flowers & Human, Evolution, Ecosystem, Biotechnology: Principles and Processes etc|
|Physics||Units and Measurements, Motion in Straight Line and Plane, Laws of Motion, Mechanical Properties of solids, Kinetic Theory, Waves, Electic Charge and Fields, Current Electricity, Magnetism and Matter, Electromagnetic waves, Ray Optics, Wave Optics, Atoms and Nuclei, Semiconductor etc.|
|Chemistry||The states of Matter, Structure of Atom, Equilibrium, s-p-d-f-block elements, Hydrocarbons, Solid State, Electrochemistry, Surface Chemistry, Coordination Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols, Amines, Biomolecules etc.|
Get Detailed KCET 2020 Syllabus.
How KCET Rank is Calculated?
KCET Rank depends upon:
- Firstly, total candidates participating in the examination.
- Then, Marks of Common Entrance Test out of 180.
- Marks of 2nd PUC/ 12th Class.
- At last, Practical Test Marks, If any
Criteria for Determination of Merit / Rank
|Engineering / Technology courses (B.E. / B.Tech)||50% Marks of CET(PCM) + 50% Marks of 2nd PUC/ 12th|
|Farm Science courses||50% Marks of CET (PCBM) + 50% Marks of 2nd PUC/ 12th|
|Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H.)||Marks obtained in PCB in CET.|
2nd Year B-Pharma
|Marks obtained in CET (PCM or PCB)|
At last, the Final Marks of all students are arranged in descending order and prepared list tells us the rank of the student.
Note: Agriculturist Quota merit list will be prepared based on 25% marks 2nd PUC, 25% of CET and 50% marks secured in the Practical Test.
Best Books for KCET Preparation
|NCERT Books of Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics|
|KCET Explorer – Engineering|
|KCET Explorer – Medical|
|16 Years Previous solved Question Papers|
Karnataka CET Result 2020
KCET result 2020 will be announced in the month of May 2020. To check your exam result every candidate requires to visit the official link only.
- Firstly, visit the official website [cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/] of KEA and find a link KCET Result 2020.
- After then, enter your ‘Registration Number’ provided during registration and hit submit button.
- Hope, you will get a desirable result.
KCET Counselling Process 2020
The KCET counselling starts in the month of June 2020, after the declaration of result of CET, Kannada Language Test and Practical Test. The counselling includes serval rounds for filling up seats of various colleges.
KCET Counselling includes three steps:
- Verification of Documents
- Locking of Choices with secrete key
- Allotment Order Generated for Admission
Top 21 KCET Colleges
|1. University Visveswariah College of Engineering, Bangalore||Government|
|2. SKSJT Institute of Engineering, Bangalore||Government|
|3. Dr Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Bangalore||Government|
|4. Government Engineering College, Hassan||Government|
|5. University BDT College of Engineering Davangere||Government|
|6. Government Engineering College, Bellary||Government|
|7. Government Engineering College, Karwar||Government|
|8. Government Engineering College, Ramanagara||Government|
|9. Government Engineering College, Kushalnagar||Government|
|10. Government Engineering College, Mandya||Government|
|11. Government Engineering College, Chamarajanagar||Government|
|12. Government Engineering College, Raichur||Government|
|13. College of Community Science, Dharwad||Government|
|14. College of Agriculture, Hassan||Government|
|15. BMS College of Engineering, Basavanagudi||Private|
|16. RV College of Engineering, Bangalore||Private|
|17. MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore||Private|
|18. Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore||Private|
|19. Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore||Private|
|20. PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore||Private|
|21. Sir M. Visveswaraya Institute of Technology, Bangalore||Private|
- In the first place, candidates belonging to the SC, ST and OBC Categories 1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B of Karnatka can avail benefits of reservation.
- Then, applicant family Income doesn’t exceed Rs 8.00 lakh for categories 2A, 2B, 3A to claim reservation benefits.
- Then, Caste Certificate/ Income Certificate is required to avail reservation benefits.
- Consequently, the benefits include 100% fee exemption and scholarships from the Government of India.
Reservation for Rural Students
- 15% of the Government seats will be reserved especially for rural candidates who have studied for 10 full academic years. (1st Standard to 10th Standard in Rural Area)
Kannada Medium Students
- 5% of the Government seats will also be reserved for Kannada medium candidates who have studied 1st to 10th class in Kannada medium.
Jammu & Kashmiri Migrants
- One seat each in each Government Engineering colleges is specially reserved in the favour of the son/daughter of Jammu & Kashmiri migrants.
Article 371 Hyderabad Karnataka
- At last, reservation as per “The Karnataka Educational Institutions (Regulations of Admission in the Hyderabad-Karnataka Region) Order, 2013”.
General Guidelines/ Instructions
- Firstly, Every candidate required to apply online through the official website of KEA cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/.
- Candidate must ensure their eligibility before applying online. Otherwise, the application will be rejected.
- After applying online students must retain the following documents:
- 3 printouts of Submitted Application.
- Receipt of fee Paid
- Identical 2-3 Photograph
- Candidates are advised to save their Admit Card till up to Admission.
- Students are advised to visit official website particularly twice in a day for the latest updates.
- Moreover, students are required to submit the right documents. Thus, the verification of documents will be done in all the districts after the result.
Karnataka Examination Authority
Karnataka Examination Authority is governed by the Governing Council headed by Honourable Minister of Higher Education, Government of Karnataka.
Phone: 08023460460 (10:30 AM to 5:30 PM )
Email Id: email@example.com
For any kind of query/help candidates can contact through following contacts.
So, here you got complete information about Karnataka CET 2020 (KCET). Hence, candidates who are studying in 12th or passed and want admission in Engineering, Agriculture and Pharmacy colleges of Karnataka, required to enrol in Karnataka CET 2020.
A Common Entrance Test, which is conducted for admission in courses such as B.Tech, B. Pharma, B.Sc etc in institutes located in Karnataka.
Yes, there are three papers in CET examination namely Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology.
Yes, KCET and CET are same. KCET stands for Karnataka Common Entrance Test.
There are certain Government and Private colleges in Karnataka that only accept admission on the basis of Common Entrance Test merit.
On Engineering prospective, JEE is better then CET. Where JEE provides admission to national level engineering institutes and CET is only limited to the State.
No, there is no negative marking in CET.
Yes, but in some conditions students from outside State also allowed.
Related Posts for You
- Vidyasiri Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- KCET 2020 Syllabus | Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology