Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2020: The Union Grant Commission (UGC) provides Post Graduate scholarship every year for Single Girl Child for PG Programs. The scholarship is applicable to such a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Master year course in any recognised College/ University.
Moreover, the single girl child is defined as the only child of parents having female gender, who has no brother no sister.
The main objective of this scholarship is to support Higher Education of single girl child so that she can take stand on various social platforms. The scholarship also recognizes the value of observance of the small family norm.
To avail this scholarship scheme every candidate has to fulfil some eligibility conditions. Here you will able to check Key dates, Eligibility criteria, Amount of scholarship, Application Form, How to apply, Documents required and Renewal process for this scholarship.
Also Check: Inspire Scholarship 2020
Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2020
The Union Grant Commission provides 3000 fresh scholarships every year. Let’s check the key dates for the current year.
|Release of Notification||10/12/2019|
|Last Date to Apply Online||10/01/2020|
The online registration process starts every year in the month of December and students can apply up to the last date 10 January of 2020.
To candidate has to fulfil the following eligibility conditions:
- Firstly, an applicant should be a citizen of India.
- After then, the candidate should be a Single Girl Child and has taken admission in the 1st year of PG courses in recognised College/ University.
- At last, the applicant age should not be more than 30 years at the time of admission.
Note: The selected student can also avail other scholarship during the tenure of this scholarship.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship Amount
The UGC provides the amount of Rs 36200 Per Annum Amount to each selected candidate. The scholarship doesn’t contain another addition grant such as hostel charge, medical charge etc.
The amount of Rs 3620 per month will be credited to the Bank A/c of the beneficiary through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
Duration of Scholarship
The amount is provided for the full duration of the PG course (Two Years). After one year, the students have to renew it through scholarship portal. The complete info for renewal is given at the end.
The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is the implementing body of this scholarship. Students must ensure their eligibility before applying online.
How to Apply
To apply online each student required to visit the official website of National Scholarship Portal NSP scholarships.gov.in/.
Step 1: Student Registration
- Firstly, the candidate has to register themselves in the “New Registration” section. Where students have to enter all the basic details.
- After then, the system will send Application Id and Password to provided Phone Number & Email.
Step 2: Login/ Select Scholarship
- Log in with provided Application Id and Password. Students must change the password upon first login. (Don’t share your password)
- After then, the candidate has to choose scholarship type “PG Scholarship for Single Girl Child” which is listed in the list of scholarship.
Step 3: Upload Documents/ Final Submit
- Thereupon, the applicant has to upload all the necessary documents required for this scholarship.
- After, review your application and make the final submission of your application.
Step 4: Print Application Form
- At last, print the application form and submit it with necessary documents to the concerned institute.
- Previous Marksheets (From 10th)
- Aadhaar Card or Enrollment Id
- Bank Account Details (Account Number & IFSC Code)
- Affidavit of Single Girl Child
- Applicant Photograph
- Admission Receipt
- Joining Report or Bonafide student certificate
- Continuation Certificate (For Renewal)
- Progress Report (For Renewal)
Note: Candidate required to scan all the above documents before applying online or for renewal. The applicant must ensure that the scanned quality of documents uploaded is adequate so that they are clear and readable.
- After submission of a successful application, the candidate will be considered for the selection process.
- Thereupon, the host institution where the candidate is studying is required to verify the online application.
- After verification of all documents by the host institution, the candidate will be selected for the scholarship.
- At last, the amount of scholarship will be directly credited to the account of the beneficiary by Direct Benefit Transfer.
The scholar would be awarded from the date of joining the course as certified by the University/ Institution/ College.
General Instructions/ Guidelines
- Firstly, it is mandatory for all students to apply through the official website of NSP scholarships.gov.in/.
- Then, the student has to select “PG Scholarship for Single Girl Child” during applying online for this scheme.
- Single Girl Child is defined as the only child of the parents having a female gender.
- For the smooth transaction of scholarship, the candidate requires to provide Aadhaar number which should also be linked with Bank Account.
- The candidate has to provide a working phone number. All communication, updates, password recovery etc will be made through entered phone number.
- Subsequently, once the application is marked as rejected by the nodal officer during verification will not be considered for further process.
- The candidate requires to carefully select their institute otherwise, an application will be marked as defected.
- The candidate must have to rectify the errors and comply with the remarks made in the application in case the application is marked as defective in NSP.
- The students must have to concern with Institutes for application verification before the deadlines.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship Renewal
After an academic year candidate requires to renew their scholarship for next year of course. For that, the following steps are needed:
- Firstly, the candidate has to qualify all previous papers of the course of the study. If not, the student cannot renew the scholarship.
- The student is required to update their marks of the previous examination at the National Scholarship Portal.
- At last, the candidate has to make a renewal request at scholarship Portal.
Note: Change in course of study will not be permitted. If a student changes the courses of study, the scholarship will be suspended from the date of such as change.
Helpline/ Contact Details
For any technical problem or query, students can contact through the following methods.
Phone No: 01206619540
Email Id: email@example.com
The following contact is maintained by NIC, it will provide first-level assistance to the users of the National Scholarship Portal.
In conclusion, the Indira Gandhi Scholarship provides an environment to achieve and promote girls education. It will empower the females to take a stand on many social platforms. As the girl’s birth ratio in comparison to boys decreases in many areas, it will also a step to aware the females of the country by providing better educational.
Related Posts for You:
- Merit Cum Mean Scholarship for Minorities: Eligibility, Amount & Apply
- OASIS Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- Prerana Scholarship Odisha 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- Maulana Azad Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply