E Medhabruti Scholarship 2020: The scheme is started by the Department of Higher Education, Govt. of Odisha to assist excellent and meritorious students. This is a great opportunity for students of Odisha to avail financial access under this scholarship for their studies across India.
The main objective to start this scholarship is to motive and encourage students of Odisha to pursue their higher studies in the field of general, technical and professional courses.
To apply for this scholarship every candidate required to fulfil some eligibility conditions. Here you will able to check, Eligibility criteria, Key dates, Amount of scholarship, How to Apply, Documents required and Renewal Process. Apart from this, students can also check the cut off marks and selection lists of the recent year of E Madhabruti Scholarship.
Also Check: Prerana Scholarship 2020
E Medhabruti Scholarship 2020
|The online registration for fresh & renewal|
application starts on
|Last Date to apply online||December 2020|
|Online validation of Fresh (SAMS & Non-SAMS)|
by Principles / Head of Institutions
|Online Validation for Renewal (SAMS & Non-SAMS)|
by Principles / Head of Institutions
|Selection List Release||Coming Soon|
The online registration for fresh and renewal starts every year in the month of November and candidate can apply up to last date 31st December 2019.
To apply for this scholarship candidate has to fulfil following eligibility conditions.
- Firstly, an applicant should be a permanent resident of Odisha.
- After then, the income of the parents of the applicant from all sources does not exceed Rs 6.00 lakh per annum.
- The student must score a minimum of 60% in the qualifying examination.
- The candidate required to apply for this scholarship in the first year of course.
|Junior Merit (XI/ XII/ Equ.)||i) Applicant should be 10th passed.|
ii) Having at least 60% marks in 10th.
iii) Taking admission in XI or equivalent courses.
|Senior Merit (UG)|| i) Applicant should be +2 passed or equivalent.|
ii) Having at least 60% marks in +2 or Equiv.
iii) Pursuing 1st year of Degree/ +3 courses.
|Post Graduate Merit (PG)||i) Applicant should be a graduate.|
ii) Having at least 60% marks in Graduation.
iii) Pursuing 1st year of Post Graduation.
|Technical & Professional Merit||i) Applicant must be passed +2/ Degree or Equivalent.|
ii) Having 60% marks in the qualifying examination.
iii) Pursuing 1st-year of Tech. & Prof. courses.
iv) List of Technical & Professional courses is given below.
Candidates aren’t eligible
- Students who are studying in open universities or distance learning/ correspondence are not eligible.
- The candidates who are already availing the benefit of other scholarship for the same course, are not eligible.
- The students who are in Diploma/ M. Tech/ Integrated B. Tech courses are not eligible for Technical and Professional scholarship.
- M. Phil/ PhD/ B. Ed, M.Ed, Integrated B.sc B.Ed, Integrated B.Ed & M.Ed are not eligible for Senior, PG or Technical & Professional scholarship.
- Students who are studying outside of India are not eligible.
- Students who are studying in College/ Institute/ University which is not approved by AICTE.
Eligible Professional & Technical Courses
Distribution of Technical & Professional Scholarships
|Courses||No of Scholarship|
|Engineering, Planning & Architecture||6000|
|Agriculture Science (B. Sc)|
|Home Science/ Community Science|
|Bachelor in Homeopathy|
|Bachelor in Ayurvedic|
|5-year Integrated Law|
|5-year Integrated MBA|
|5-year Integrated MCA|
|5 years Integrated M. Sc|
|Bachelor of Occupational Therapy|
|Bachelor in Prosthetics and Orthotics|
|Bachelor in Physiotherapy|
|Tourism & Travel Management|
|Hotel & Hospitality Management|
|2 year Master in Financial Control||800|
|2 year MBA|
|3 year MCA|
|Master in Social Work (MSW)|
|2 year PGDM|
There is a total of 29 courses under this scholarship.
E Medhabruti Scholarship Amount
The amount of scholarship Per Annum is given below:
|Junior Merit||10000||INR 3000|
|Senior Merit||3000||INR 5000|
|PG Merit||1500||INR 10000|
The scholarship amount is directly credited to the account of the beneficiary by Direct Transfer Method (DBT).
Duration of Scholarship
The scholarship is provided for a student for his/her for the entire duration of the course. The scholarship is automated renewable on a yearly basis up to the end of the course. For renewal, the online validation must be done by the concerned institute.
Eligible and interested candidates can apply through the only official website of Medhabruti organisation. To apply, follow the given steps below:
How to Apply
Step 1: Student Registration
- Firstly, visit the official website of scholarships portal www.medhabruti.org. On the Homepage, you have to visit the link “Application for Medhabruti”.
- After then, every candidate requires to register themselves in the “New Registration” section. Thereupon, the system will generate User Id & password.
Step 2: Enter Your Personal Details
- Now, log in with User Id & Password. Where you have to enter your basic details such as Name, Permanent Address, Bank Details etc.
- After then, the candidate has to fill academic details such as course, institute, previous examination details.
Step 3: Upload Your Documents
- In this step, you have to upload your documents such as Domicile, Income, Mark-sheets, Bank details etc.
Step 4: Final Submission
- At last, download the filled application form and print out two copies. The candidates are required to submit one copy with required documents to the concerned institution.
- And keep the other copy with yourself for future reference.
Note: It is the duty of the Principal/ Institution to send it further to the office of the Higher Education Department.
There are some documents required in the scanned format while filling the application form are as follows:
- Domicile certificate of Odisha (Issued by Tahashildar/ Addl. Tahasildar)
- Annual Income Certificate
- Mark-sheets & Certificate of last qualifying examination.
- Bank Account Details (A/c details, IFSC Code).
- College Identity Card/ Admission Receipt/ Library Card/ Letter of Undertaking
- Aadhaar Card of Student.
Note: The documents which are to be uploaded by the candidate must be in the format of .pdf. The size of scanned documents must not exceed than 2MB. At last, the documents must be in the text format.
General Instruction/ Guidelines
Things that need to keep in mind while filling the application for this scholarship are as follows:
- It is mandatory for all candidates to apply through the official website www.medhabruti.org/.
- Multiple registrations are now allowed e.g if student availing Prerna scholarship or other national level scholarship cannot apply to this scheme.
- All documents should be in (.pdf) format and size must not exceed then 2MB.
- After applying online, students are required to download filled Application Copy and has to submit in the concerned institute.
- SAMS students need not apply separately. Their Mark-sheet, income certificate, Residence certificate and account detail will be submitted by the principal of the institution.
- SAMS (students academic management system) students are those students who are admitted to college through the online selection procedure by Govt. of Orissa.
Note: Students who are living outside the state have to send their application form by speed post at the following Address:
Higher Secondary Department,
The following selection procedure is followed by the organization to select candidates.
- Firstly, candidates who apply through the official website www.medhabruit.org only will be considered for final selection.
- After then, the lists are prepared by the department according to categories (Junior, Senior, PG etc) of the scholarship.
- Thereupon, merit lists are prepared by the department according to the descending order of percentage marks in the previous examination.
- Thus, the number of scholarships available in a particular category is filled on Merit basis.
- At last, the department will release ‘Cut Off Marks’.
Cut Off Marks 2018-19
|1. Junior Merit +2 Boys||–|
|2. Junior Merit +2 Girls||–|
|3. Senior Merit +3 Boys||69.50%|
|4. Senior Merit +3 Girls||71.67%|
|5. PG Merit +3 Boys||65.72%|
|6. PG Merit +3 Girls||70.00%|
The cut-off percentage marks of the selected candidate in the academic year 2018-19 for Junior, Senior, PG merit scholarships are given. All candidates having a percentage equal or above are selected for this scholarship.
Selection List 2018-19
There are two types of selection lists, Fresh and Renewal. Fresh selection means getting a scholarship for the first time. Whereas, renewal selection means who have already received the scholarship and apply for renewal.
Selection List 2018-19
|Scholarships||Boys List||Girls List|
|Senior Merit||List (1500)||List (1500)|
|PG Merit||List (750)||List (750)|
|Round 1 (2008)||Round 2 (21)|
You can check the fresh selection list of the academic year 2018-19. To check simply click on the corresponding ‘List’ link given in the table.
Know Your Application Status
To check your application status follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, visit the official website of the scholarship portal medhabruti.org.
- After then, click on the “Know Your Application Validation Status” option given in the sidebar.
- Thereupon, a Form will open where you have to enter Barcode No and Date of Birth.
- At last, hit the ‘Show’ button. Your application status will be shown in the next screen.
Helpline/ Contact No
For any issue at any point of time, please contact at the given address or Medhabruti helpline Number.
Mr Biswa Ranjan Mohanty
Helpline Number. 7504440642
E Medhabruti Scholarship motivates and encourages students of Odisha to pursue higher education in the field of general, technical and professional courses. As a result, it will increase the literacy rate in the state of Odisha. In conclusion, it will provide better opportunities and employability to live a quality lifespan.
Related Posts for You:
- Merit Cum Mean Scholarship for Minorities: Eligibility, Amount & Apply
- MOMA Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount, Apply Now
- Prerana Scholarship Odisha 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply