Here, you will able to check the CSIR NET Life Science Syllabus, exam pattern, old papers and important books. CSIR NET Life Science exam is conducted by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research Human Resource Development Group (CSIR) every year.
The main objective to conduct this exam is to check candidate eligibility for Lectureship and to distribute awards of Junior Research Fellowship.
You can check CSIR NET life science syllabus given below.
CSIR NET Life Science Syllabus 2020
The whole syllabus is divided into 13 sections that are given below. Each section contributes the equal share to question paper. Important Sections for CSIR NET Life Sciences are:
- Molecules and their Interaction Relevant to Biology
- Cellular Organization
- Fundamental Processes
- Cell Communication and Cell Signaling
- Developmental Biology
- System Physiology of Plants
- System Physiology of Animals
- Inheritance Biology
- The diversity of Life Forms
- Ecological Principles
- Evolution and Behavior
- Applied Biology
- Methods in Biology
|Life Science Syllabus||Download|
Aspirants can download the full syllabus from the download link given above.
The CSIR UGC NET Life Science exam has only a single paper of multiple-choice questions. The whole question paper will be divided into three parts; Part A, Part B and Part C.
- Part A is common for all CSIR UGC NET subjects. This part contains 20 questions and candidates will need to answer any of the 15 questions. Each question will be of two marks.
- Part B will contain 50 MCQs, where the candidate will need to answer any 35 questions. Each question will be of two marks.
- Part C will contain a total of 75 questions from which the candidate has to attempt 25 questions. Each question will be of four marks.
- There will be negative marking of @ 25% marks of each wrong answer in Part A, B and C.
Types of Question
- Part-A shall be common to all subjects. This part shall contain questions pertaining to General Aptitude with emphasis on logical reasoning, graphical analysis, analytical and numerical ability, quantitative comparison, series formation, puzzles etc.
- Part B shall contain subject-related conventional Multiple Choice questions (MCQs), generally covering the topics given in the syllabus.
- Part C shall contain higher value questions that may test the candidate’s knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts. The questions shall be of analytical nature where a candidate is expected to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem.
CSIR NET Life Science Books
|Arihant Life Sciences||• Designed according to syllabus/ pattern|
• Written by Ashish Nagesh
• Complete Chapterwise Theory
• Sample questions
• Language: English
• 1472 Pages
|Previous Solved Papers||• Solved previous question papers from 2011 to 2018|
• Authentic & Detailed Solutions
• Language: English
• 488 Pages
The first book is designed according to syllabus and pattern. Uses simple language which is easy to understand. The second book contains solved previous years question papers with authentic and detailed solutions. You may follow these books for a better result.
CSIR NET Life Science Question Papers
|Dec 2018||Series A B C|
|June 2017||Series A B C|
|Dec 2016||Series A B C|
|June 2016||Series A B C|
|Dec 2015||Series A B C|
|June 2015||Series A B C|
The old question papers give us an overview of the scheme of the examination. You can download Life Science previous years question papers given below corresponding to exam year. To download simply hit the series A, B and C.
So download CSIR NET Life Science Syllabus and prepare yourself according to it. Follow best books and study material to qualify this exam.
Related Posts for You
- UGC NET Computer Science Syllabus 2020, Question Papers, Books
- UGC NET Syllabus Paper 1 2020: Pattern, Question Papers, Books
- UGC NET English Syllabus 2020: Question Papers, Cut off, Books
- UGC NET Economics Syllabus 2020: Books, Question Papers, Cut Off
- UGC NET Syllabus for Commerce 2020, Question Papers, Books