Bihar Scholarship 2020: The government of Bihar provides various scholarships to the students of the state to complete their studies. Students who are studying 10th or above classes and belongs to Bihar can avail the benefit of these schemes.
The main objective to provides these Bihar scholarships is to the upliftment of the weaker section of the society so that they can complete their studies and get better employment.
Here you will able to check, Bihar Scholarships List, Eligibility, Important dates, Amount provided, How to Apply, documents required, Instructions/Guidelines and also Contact details.
Bihar Scholarship 2020-21
A student from Bihar State can apply for the following scholarships given in the table below.
Bihar Scholarship List 2020
|1. Post Matric Scholarship for BC/EBC, SC & ST||A scholarship especially for BC/EBC, SC & ST students of bihar studying after 10th.|
|2. BTSE, Bihar Talent Search Examination||A scholarship exam for 7th, 8th, 9th or 10th class students of Bihar.|
|3. Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship||Proivdes upto 70% of fees during admission in any course.|
|4. Mukhya Mantri Kanya Utthan Yojana||A scholarship scheme for girl students of Bihar after passing 12th class or Graduation.|
|5. Mukhya Mantri Medhaavrti Yojana for SC/ST||A scholarship scheme for SC/ST students of Bihar after passing 12th class.|
|6. Mukhya Mantri Balak/ Balika Protsahan Yojana||A scholarship scheme for students of Bihar after passing 10th class.|
|7. MOMA Scholarship||A scholarship for Bihar Minority students (Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, Christian, Jain, and Parsis).|
|6. Indira Gandhi Scholarship||Post Graduation Scholarship for Single Girl Child.|
|7. Maulana Azad Scholarship||Minorities scholarship for girl students.|
|8. Inspire Scholarship||Science Scholarship fro Class 6th -12th)/ UG/ PG/ PhD levels.|
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarships
|POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP Bihar for BC/EBC, SC, ST||i) A student must be a Permanent Resident of Bihar.|
ii) Belongs to BC/EBC, SC or ST categories of Bihar.
iii) Annual Income of Parents doesn’t exceed Rs 2.50 Lakh for SC/ST & Rs 1.50 Lakh for BC/EBC.
|Bihar Talent Search Examination (BTSE)||i) Any students studying in 7th, 8th, 9th or 10th class of schools of Bihar.|
|Combined Counselling Board Scholarship.||i) Students passed or appearing in 10th/ 12th/ UG/ PG and want to take admission in any course.|
|Mukhya Mantri Kanya Utthan Yojana||i) Any girl student who is Permanent Resident of Bihar.|
ii) Who passed 12th examination or completed their graduation.
|Mukhya Mantri Medhaavriti Yojana for SC/ST||i) The student must be a permanent resident of Bihar.|
ii) The student must belongs to SC/ST category and passed out 12th class.
|Mukhya Mantri Balak/ Balika Protshan Yojana||i) The student must be a permanent resident of Bihar.|
ii) Who passed 10th class.
Bihar Scholarship Key Dates 2020
|Post Matric Scholarship for OBC, SC & ST||15 February – 15 March 2020|
|BTSE, Bihar Talent Search Examination||1 January – 30th May 2020|
|CCB Scholarship||20 August – 20 April 2020|
|Mukhya Mantri Kanya Utthan Yojana||Open Always|
|Mukhya Mantri Medhavriti Youjana SC/ST||Open Always|
|Mukhya Mantri Balak/ Balika Protshan Yojana||Open Always|
|MOMA Scholarship||15 July – 30 October 2020|
|Maulana Azad Scholarship||15 July – 31 October 2020|
|Inspire Scholarship (Various)||01 June – December 2020|
Amount of Bihar Scholarship 2020
1. Post Matric Scholarship for BC/EBC, SC &ST
| (i) Degree and Post graduate-level courses in Medicine, Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary & Allied Science, Management, Business Finance/ Administration, Computer Science/ Applications.|
ii) Post Graduate Diploma courses in various branches of management & Medicine.
iii) C.A./ I.C.W.A./ C.S./ I.C.F.A. etc
iv) M.Phil, PhD and Post-Doctoral Programmes (D.Lit., D.Sc. etc.), Group I, Group II And Group III courses.
v) L.L.B, Integrated L.L.B, L.L.M.
|i) Rs 1200/pm (Hostler)|
ii) Rs 550/pm (Day Scholar)
|Professional courses leading to Degree, Diploma, Certificate in areas like Pharmacy (B Pharma), Nursing (B Nursing), BFS, Other Para-Medical branches like rehabilitation, diagnostics etc., Mass Communication, Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics, Commerical Art, Financial Series (e.g. Banking Insurance, Taxation etc.) for which entrance qualification is minimum Sr. Secondary (10+2) and Vocational stream, ITI courses and Polytechnic where entrance qualification is class XII or above.||i) Rs 820/pm (Hostler)|
ii) Rs 530/pm (Day Scholar)
|Graduate and Postgraduate courses not covered under Group I & Group II e.g. B.A/ B.Sc/ B.Com etc. M.A/ M.Sc/ M.Com/ M Ed. / M. Pharma etc.||i) Rs. 570/pm (Hostler)|
ii) Rs. 380/pm (Day Scholar)
|All Post-Matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class X), e.g. Senior Secondary certificate (Class XI and Class XII), e.g. senior secondary certificate (class XI and XII) both general and vocation stream, ITI courses, 3-year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc.||i) Rs. 380/pm (Hostler)|
ii) Rs. 230/pm (Day Scholar)
2. Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship
The amount up to 70% of the course fees (Rs 30,000 to Rs 70,000) is provided per year under CCB Scholarship.
Note: Candidates availing CCB scholarship, are also allowed to take benefit of other scholarships provided by State/Central authorities.
3. Bihar Talent Search Examination
|Marks in BTSE||Amount|
|91% – 100%||Rs. 10,000 & Android Tablet|
|81% – 90%||Rs. 8000 + Android Tablet|
|71% – 80%||Rs. 5000 + Android Tablet|
|61% – 70%||Rs. 2000 + Android Tablet|
|51% – 60%||Digital Writing Table|
Bihar Talent Search Examination (BTSE) aims to provide scholarships to all qualified students.
Moreover, the amount of BTSE scholarship is awarded through cheque payment. The cheque only will be payable to the bank account of the student.
4. Mukhya Mantri Yojana (All)
|10th Passed||Rs 5,000|
|12th Passed||Rs 10,000|
Note: To check the amount for other scholarships such as MOMA, Inspire, Indira Gandhi & Maulana Azad etc visit the link provided in the above table.
Bihar Scholarship Online Form 2020
1. Post Matric Scholarship Bihar for BC/EBC, SC & ST
The online application form for Post matric scholarship Bihar is available only on the official website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
How to Apply
- Firstly, visit the official website of NSP scholarships.gov.in/ and register yourself in ‘New Registration’.
- Then, You will be provided with User Id & Password.
- Thereupon, log in with provided User Id and Password and fill the application form.
- At last, print out the filled application form and submit it through the relevant documents to your concerned institute/college.
2. Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship
Further, the online application form for the CCB Scholarship is available only on the official website ccbnic.in/.
3. Bihar Talent Research Examination (BTSE)
Similarly, the online application form for the BTSE is available only on the official website www.btse.org.in/.
Application fee: Rs 200
4. Mukhya Mantri Kanya/ Medhavriti/ Balak/Balika Yojana
The online application form for all Mukhya Mantri schemes is available on the official website of e Kalyan Vibhag.
What are the Documents Required?
- Marksheets (10th or Above)
- Aadhaar Number/ Enrolment Id
- Email Id/ Phone No
- Back Account Details (A/C No/ IFSC Code)
- 2 Recent Photographs of Applicant
- Admission Receipt, If Any
- Bonafide Bihar Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Parents Annual Income Certificate
The photocopies of the following documents are required during applying online for the PMS, BTSE, CCB & other scholarships.
How to Renew Your Scholarship?
1. Post Matric Scholarship for BC/EBC, SC & ST
However, the post-matric scholarship is provided only for one academic year. After that, candidates are required to renew it for the next year.
- Firstly, visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal.
- Then, login in eg ‘Renewal 2019-20’ with provided User Id and Password.
- Thereupon, submit your previous academic details (marks etc) and submit your renewal application.
- At last, print out the filled-in application form and submit it in your concerned institute/college with relevant documents.
2. Bihar Talent Research Scholarship
Renewal is not applicable to this one.
3. Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship
Only One-time application process for the entire course.
4. Mukhya Mantri Kanya/ Medhavriti/ Balak/Balika Yojana
Only One-time financial assistance.
General Instructions/ Guidelines
- Firstly, all candidates are advised to apply online through the official website of particular scholarship.
- Then, the candidate should be studying in the recognised institute by the Central/State government.
- Don’t share your User Id and Password with anyone, because your account does contain your basic information.
- Before applying online must ensure eligibility.
- At last, fill all field of the application form carefully, incorrect information may lead to cancellation.
Helpline/ Contact Details
|Post Matric Scholarship (NSP)||01206619540|
|Combined Counselling Board Scholarship||8580399743, 7763011821|
|Bihar Talent Research Scholarship||+91-9471630439|
|Mukhya Mantri Yojana||+91-8292825106|
The following contacts are maintained by the officials, they will provide first-level assistance to the users of the Scholarship Portal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship, Post Matric Scholarship for BC/EBC, SC & ST and Minority Student Scholarship.
All courses after 10th called Post Matric courses and classes up to 10th class called Pre Matric courses.
Scholarships such as Mukhya Mantri Kanya Utthan Yojana, SC/ST Medhavriti Yojana, Balak/ Balika Protshan Yojana. All are provided by e Kalyan Vibhag of Bihar.
The official website of e Kalyan Vibhag is edudbt.bih.nic.in/.
Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, Christian, Jain, and Parsis are the six notified communities of India.
The registration form for Post Matric Bihar scholarship available from February and candidate can apply up to the last date 15 March.
So, you get complete information about Bihar scholarship 2020 for the academic year 2020-21. As a result, these scholarships of Bihar will increase the literacy rate among the backward classes of Bihar.
Related Posts for You
- OASIS Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- Post Matric Minority Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & Apply
- Merit Cum Mean Scholarship for Minorities: Eligibility, Amount & Apply
- MOMA Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & How to Apply
- Pre Matric Minority Scholarship 2020: Eligibility, Amount & Apply